Venture Capital Financings: The Art and Science of Valuation
Thursday, March 27 2014
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
This event was posted by Morse, Barnes-Brown & Pendleton, P.C.
Jaclyn Braga - firstname.lastname@example.org - 781-622-5930
Location: Cambridge Innovation Center, One Broadway, Havana Room - 5th Floor, Cambridge, MA
To most entrepreneurs the process by which they value their companies in preparation for a venture round is the great unknown. Our panel of seasoned VC's will discuss the various factors taken into consideration when pricing a venture capital transaction and will share invaluable insight to entrepreneurs preparing for a fundraising.
Please join MBBP for a lively discussion with our impressive panel focusing on questions such as:
- What would be a typical valuation range for a Series Seed and Series A round?
- What set of criteria are you looking at in setting valuation parameters when extending a term sheet?
- What factors would put a company at the upper end of the typical ranges for a particular series?
- How does quantitative modeling enter into the valuation analysis?
- Are VC firms trying to own a certain percentage of the company post investment? If so, why and how much?
- How does the amount of money being raised factor into valuation?
- How can an entrepreneur best be prepared to understand their realistic valuation potential in discussion with VCs?
Come hear the panel's thoughts on these and other issues pertinent to entrepreneurs, and then network over beer in the Venture Cafe after our program.
Jon Gworek, Partner, Morse, Barnes-Brown & Pendleton, PC
Jon Chait, Partner, Dace Ventures
Todd Hixon, Founder & Managing Partner, New Atlantic Ventures
Space is limited! Please register by March 21.