The Diagnostics Summit
Sunday, May 4 – Tuesday, May 6 2014
Location: The University of Arizona / Miraval Institute, Tucson, Arizona
Without an accurate and timely diagnoses — patients have nothing. Diagnostics are the often over looked piece of the healthcare paradigm. This Summit gives you the opportunity to engage with the brightest minds in Diagnostics and to explore the most powerful diagnostic innovations that will shape healthcare now and in the future.
The Diagnostics Summit, created by DxInsights and hosted by The University of Arizona / Miraval Institute, will bring together leading innovators in the fields of diagnostics and personalized healthcare to explore powerful new technologies and the latest advances in diagnostic science.
• Opportunity to engage and debate with the brightest minds in diagnostics today
• Interactive forums and hands-on working sessions led by inventors and thought leaders
- John Kao, Chairman of the Institute of Large Scale Innovation and Chairman of the Global Advisory Council on Innovation of the World Economic Forum
- Anna Barker, MD, PhD, Director of Transformative Health-Care Networks, Co-Director of The Complex Adaptive Systems Initiative, Professor, Arizona State University
- Tom Grogan, MD, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, Ventana Medical Systems, Inc.
- Kristin Pothier, MS, Partner/Principal at Ernst & Young
- Eric Reimann, MD, CEO of Banner Research at Banner Health and PI, Alzheimer's Prevention Trial
- Sue Siegel, MS, CEO of GE Healthy Imagination (INVITED)
- Mara Aspinall, President/CEO, Ventana Medical Systems, Inc., Conference Chair
Inventors / Entrepreneurs include:
- David Armstrong, MD, PhD, Professor of Surgery at University of Arizona (diabetic diagnostic wear)
- Ashutosh Chilkoti, PhD, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University (POC devices with non-fouling brushes)
- Michael Cima, PhD, Professor of Engineering, MIT (Nanotech applied to diagnostics)
- Michelle Hanna, PhD, CEO and Scientific Director of Ribomed (Abscription for DNA, RNA and protein testing)
- Alan Nelson, PhD, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Visiongate (3D cell imaging for early cancer diagnostics)
- Michael Singer, PhD, CEO of Brainscope (smartphone concussion apparatus)