Get More Shots on Goal: Exploring Canada's Biotech Landscape
Thursday, October 30 2014
11:30 am – 5:30 pm
Location: MassBio & Catalyst Restaurant, 300 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA
Registration for this event is now closed.
Questions? Contact Peter.Abair@massbio.org
Join us for an unprecedented examination of the Canadian life sciences marketplace with an extraordinary group of speakers and panelists from Canada and Massachusetts.
Canada is the largest trading partner of Massachusetts and the United States. It's also one of the top ten markets for biopharmaceutical sales in the world and exports over $5 billion in drug products annually.
MassBio, in cooperation with the Consulate General of Canada and the Quebec Government Office in Boston, presents an afternoon of networking and discussion on subject matters of use for New England companies considering Canada as a marketplace for products or as a source for collaborations or funding.
The event will begin with lunch at noon (11:30 registration) at Catalyst Restaurant and conclude with a networking reception at MassBio at 5:30 pm.
Luncheon Program at Catalyst Restaurant (Noon-1:30 PM)
Welcome - Robert Coughlin, President and CEO, MassBio
Canada's Biotech Landscape - Andrew Casey, President of BIOTECanada
Keynote Address - Pierre Meulien, President of Genome Canada
Program at MassBio
Sources of Financing in Canada (1:45-2:30 PM)
- Mounia Azzi, Director of Scientific Affairs, NeoMed Institute
- Diane Gosselin, President and CEO, CQDM
- Shermaine Tilley, CTI Life Sciences Fund
- Gerry Brunk, Managing Director, Lumira Capital (Moderator)
Regulatory Landscape in Canada (2:30-3:15 PM)
- Cathy Parker, Sr. Executive Director, Biologics and Genetic Therapies Directorate, Health Canada
- Judith Atkins, PhD, Principal Consultant, Parexel
- Robert Kulik, Principal Consultant, Patient Access Solutions
- Gerald Quirk, Practice Group Leader, Choate Hall & Stewart, (Moderator)
What's Hot in Canadian Biotech (3:30-4:15 PM)
- Dr. Andy Potter, Director and CEO, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization (VIDO)
- Dr. Bernard Massie, Director - R&D Antibodies and Bioprocesses, National Research Council of Canada
- Dr. Yves Joanette, Scientific Director, CIHR Institute of Aging, Canadian Institutes of health Research
- Dr. Raju Kucherlapati, Harvard Medical School
Partnering Insights (4:15-5:30 PM)
- Valeant Canada, Sebastien Beauchamp, Executive Director, Market Access & Gov't Affairs
- Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center, Dr. Thomas Luby, Senior Director
- Zymeworks Inc., Dr. Ali Tehrani, President & CEO
- Xagenic Inc., Ihor Boszko, Vice President, Business Development
- VBI Vaccines, Adam Buckley, Vice President, Operations
Networking Reception (featuring Canadian beer) (5:30-7 PM)
Includes "meet and greet" stations with Canadian companies with a presence in Massachusetts: Oxalys Pharmaceuticals, Viteava Pharmaceuticals, and Algorithme Pharma
Rabid Bruins, Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Oilers, Senators, Flames, Jets, and Canucks fans are all welcome, but sticks must be checked at the door.