Therapeutic Discovery Tax Credit Program: Application Process Webinar
Monday, June 28 2010
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
The recently enacted new Therapeutic Discovery Project Credit program was created as a unique opportunity for companies in a loss position to earn tax credits for up to 50 percent of many of their R&D activities, and at their option, exchange these credits for a grant, on 1:1 basis. The final application (Form 8942) for this new program is expected to be released by the IRS by June 21, 2010.
MassBio members are invited to join BIO’s third webinar on the Therapeutic Discovery Tax Credit Program titled "Therapeutic Discovery Tax Credit Program: Application Process" which will provide up to date information on regulatory guidance, implementation of the new program, and the application process. The webinar is complimentary to MassBio’s biotechnology company members, and will take place on Monday, June 28th at 1 p.m.
Space is limited - register now! Registration closes on June 24th at 5PM EDT.
Alan F. Eisenberg, Executive VP, Emerging Companies & Business Development, BIO
Shelly Mui-Lipnik, Director of Capital Formation & Financial Services Policy, BIO
Cartier Esham, Director of Emerging Company Health & Regulatory Affairs, BIO
Gary Hecimovich, Partner, Deloitte
Tom Crawford, Partner, C2 Group
*Additional Speakers may be added as appropriate
As a biotech company, you will gain:
- A walk through of the application including Form 8942 and the Project Information Memorandum.
- Discussion on what must be included along with your application including supporting documents that your company should include as part of your application.
- Clarification on outstanding technical issues and application process.
- Expert analysis regarding successful strategies from Treasury credit/grant experts.
No Charge for R&D Companies that are MassBio and/or BIO members
- A fee of $499 will be charged for service providers that are BIO and/or BIO State Affiliates members
- $999 for entities that are not members of BIO or a BIO State Affiliate
“R&D” companies are corporations or other for-profit entities that use biotechnology or related technologies for research, development, testing, or manufacturing of products or information.