SEEKING: Forum Co-Chairs!
SEEKING: Industry movers and shakers, ready to give back to the supercluster by sharing their expertise and talents to define, plan and implement MassBio’s Forum programming.
The mission of MassBio’s Forums is to provide members with an extraordinary opportunity to build networks and develop business relationships while learning from industry experts and participating in thought-provoking conversations.
The success of MassBio’s Forums depends on the active, committed participation of our members across all disciplines and in all corners of the industry. That’s you.
Please consider volunteering for service as a Forum Working Group Co-Chair.
The Forum Working Groups & Co-Chairs
The success of MassBio’s Forums would not be possible without the hard work and talent of its volunteer Co-Chairs. Working Group Co-Chairs are tasked with planning and executing presentations and panel discussions, from brainstorming and reaching out to speakers, to spreading the word through their networks to drive attendance.
MassBio’s current roster of Forum Working Groups covers 11 key industry disciplines:
- Biostatistics / Data Management & Clinical Trials
- Business Development / Finance
- Drug Discovery
- Entrepreneur’s University
- Formulation and Drug Delivery
- Human Resources
- Legal & Regulatory
- Marketing and Communications
- Safety, Environmental and Facility Operations
Working Group Co-Chairs will work together to plan best-in-class programs that address the needs and interests of the entire MassBio audience.
Co-Chairs will be asked to participate in Group and Forum-specific planning calls or meetings. Each Working Group will be led by at least four co-chairs chosen by MassBio, and additional co-chairs will be considered based on interest and fit.
Co-Chairs should possess:
- Familiarity with MassBio programs and a track-record of attendance at Forums
- Depth of experience within one of the Forum Working Group disciplines and demonstrated expertise in the topic area
- Enthusiasm to act as a connector within the MassBio network, building linkages across Working Groups and disciplines
- The bandwidth to make a significant contribution to the Working Group effort in developing content & recruiting speakers and take a lead role in organizing at least one Forum per year.
The Fine Print
Candidates for Forum Working Group Chairmanships must be employees of MassBio member organizations.
Appointment to this role is for a term of two years, with the opportunity for reappointment.
Co-Chairs are an extension of the organization, representing MassBio in the larger community and building the connections that strengthen the supercluster. Serving in this role offers a unique opportunity to position yourself at the forefront of your field and to further your career by regularly interfacing with topic industry experts and representatives from MassBio’s robust membership. In return for their service, Co-Chairs receive special invitations, discount registrations and recognition at MassBio events and programs.
Questions? We’d love to hear from you! Reach out to Susan Silberman, Director of Member Services, Forums@massbio.org or 617-674-5100.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- April 24, 2015 Insight Health Data Science Fellows Program Launches in Boston
- April 24, 2015 Airgas Safety Training: The Safe Handling & Storage of Compressed Gas Cylinders
- April 24, 2015 Clinical Trials in the Age of Social Media: Strategies for Increasing Trial Awareness and Patient Recruitment
- April 23, 2015 MassBio Brings UniFirst Uniform Services to MassBio Members
- April 17, 2015 MassBio Welcomes Seven New Board Members