MassBio Membership is available to companies that promote biotechnology research and support the growth and development of the biotechnology industry.
There are over 620 member companies in MassBio, approximately 60% of which are biotech companies. The remaining 40% are associate, non-profit, or academic organizations in the biotechnology industry. Memberships are only available to organizations, not to individuals. Biotech and Associate Industry members enjoy all of the same benefits of MassBio membership, but are categorized as either “for-profit biotechnology companies”, “non-profit and academic institutions”, or “associate industry members”, and fall under different annual dues structures.
To find out more about becoming a MassBio member, please contact Kendalle Burlin O'Connell at email@example.com or 617-674-5100.
Or download the 2014 application, which can be faxed or mailed to MassBio.
Annual Dues 2014 (Effective through 12/31/14)
Definition: Any for-profit biotech company, including but not limited to those involved in the development of therapeutic drugs, vaccines, diagnostic assays, and agricultural products.
All dues based on total number of full-time employees worldwide. Download the paper application.
|Revenue less than $100 million|
|With 20 or fewer employees||$1,700|
|With 21 - 50 employees||$3,950, plus $58 for each additional employee over a total of 21 employees|
|With 51 - 150 employees||$5,650, plus $29 for each additional employee over a total of 51 employees|
|With more than 150 employees||$8,550, plus $18 for each additional employee over a total of 151 employees. Maximum of $15,950|
|Revenue greater than $100 million, less than $1 billion|
|Revenue greater than or equal to $1 billion|
Associate Industry Members
Definition: Companies and institutions that are not directly involved in commercial biotechnology but share an interest in the industry's future.
All dues based on total number of full-time employees worldwide.
|With 20 or fewer employees||$3,950|
|With between 21 - 100 employees||$6,250|
|With between 101 - 500 employees||$7,950|
|With between 501 - 1000 employees||$9,100|
|With more than 1000 employees||$9,999|
Definition: Universities, hospitals, research institutions, government agencies, and any other non-profit organization.
|With any number of employees||
See the Savings!
Check out how one MassBio member-- a drug discovery company with just 14 employees-- saved more than $150,000 in ONE YEAR with the Purchasing Consortium.
Our Purchasing Consortium saves our members over $35 million each year!
MassBio Member News
- April 24, 2014 Hydra Biosciences and Boehringer Ingelheim Announce Worldwide Collaboration to Develop Small-Molecule Inhibitors for the Treatment of Central Nervous System Diseases and Disorders
- April 16, 2014 Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. Donates Laboratory Equipment to Massachusetts General Hospital to Aid in Research of Neurological Disorders
- April 16, 2014 Mark Pottle Joins GNS Healthcare as CFO
- April 10, 2014 Massachusetts Life Sciences Center and five global biopharma companies announce Round 2 of funding from the Massachusetts Neuroscience Consortium
- April 9, 2014 Nuclea Raises $4.48 Million in Convertible Note Financing & Secures New, Strategic U.S. Patent