Scottish Development International
Scottish Development International is the economic development agency for Scotland, and is responsible for promoting Scotland as a biotechnology location of excellence.
From nuclear transfer discoveries, like Dolly the sheep, through drug discovery and development, pharma support and bio-manufacturing as well as a growing medical devices sector, Scotland offers Biotechnology pioneers the chance to develop their reputation, their innovation and their business. Scotland now has one of the most concentrated clusters of Biotechnology companies in Europe, and ground breaking research and development has led to discovery and application of many scientific innovations in genetics, oncology, neuroscience and more.
Scottish Development International can show you how Scotland meets your business needs and ensures your company maintains its competitive edge, making it an ideal choice for inward investment.
• Whether you have an enquiry about financial assistance or you are looking for a Scottish partner to develop your business, we can help.
• We can arrange for you to visit Scotland, giving you direct access to the wide range of business opportunities available and the best sites and properties on offer. In addition, we provide tailored information about Scotland as well as specific market research.
Our priorities include:
• Encouraging direct inward investment, concentrating on research, design and development projects with high knowledge content;
• Helping to strike licensing deals between Scottish and overseas companies and universities; and
• Forging partnership investments between Scottish and other companies to open new channels to markets, technologies and products.