MassBio announced program series in Intellectual Property
MassBio will host a series of programs around issues and opportunities in the Intellectual Property space throughout 2011, the organization announced today.
Programs will focus on topics like:
- Innovation programs: how different companies stimulate innovation and encourage employees to record and submit ideas for potential IP protection.
- Prosecution: fast track, compact prosecution, inequitable conduct
- Preparing to be the target of due diligence
- Licensing: nuts and bolts, IP valuation, patent pools
- Understanding other types of protection: trademarks, trade secret, data exclusivity
The first workshop, Making Strides in Patent Reform: Making Sense of the Impact on Your Business, will be held June 17th. More information is online.
The programs are being organized by a steering committee including Lauren Foster, Assistant Director of Biotechnology at the MIT Technology Licensing Office, Rebecca M. McNeill, Attorney at Law at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP, and Patrick Waller, Shareholder at Wolf Greenfield.