MassBio excited to see member company Vertex's expansion construction well underway at Fan Pier
MassBio is excited to see member company Vertex expand. Construction is well underway at the new Vertex Headquarters at Fan Pier.
On October 6th, 2,500 cubic yards of wet cement were poured and this pour is just one of five scheduled before the building is completed. A few more fun facts about the construction:
To get to this point approximately 5,600 truck loads (126,000 cubic yards) of soil have been removed from the site
- 317 tons of reinforcing steel have been placed using local union ironworkers
- Concrete will be served (batched) from three different plant locations (Dorchester MA, Everett MA and Waltham MA)
- 2,500 cubic yards of concrete will be delivered by approximately 250 concrete trucks
- Concrete will be placed utilizing three separate concrete pumps which will pump concrete 42 feet below grade
- Concrete placement will take approximately 12 hours to complete
- Concrete mat will serve as the foundation for the first tower crane
Photos courtesy of The Fallon Company.