New Biomanufacturing Super Cluster Report Just Released
On December 12, 2013, industry leaders released a new Biomanufacturing Super Cluster Report at a launch event held at MassBio.
This Biomanufacturing Super Cluster Report presents Massachusetts’ biopharmaceutical industry with the plan to create the needed access to state-of-the-art commercial biomanufacturing while ensuring that biopharmaceuticals with high potential are not only created here but also have the opportunity to be manufactured here in the Commonwealth as well.
This report provides a perspective on enhancing biopharmaceutical manufacturing employment opportunities in Massachusetts and the vision and reasons for creating commercial biopharmaceutical manufacturing in Worcester County.
Watch the report release event video below, or click here.
Report Release Event Participants
- Robert K. Coughlin, President & CEO, MassBio
- Gerry McDougall, Partner, Leads the Firm’s Personalized Medicine Initiative, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Kevin O’Sullivan, President & CEO, Massachusetts Biomedical Initiatives (MBI)
- Dr. Timothy P. Coleman, CEO, Blue Ocean Biomanufacturing
- Robert J. Anderson, LLM, Esq, CPA, Partner, Lathrop & Gage LLP; Former Division Counsel, Pharmaceutical Products Group Domestic Legal Operations, Abbott Bioresearch Center, Inc.
- Craig Blais, President, Worcester Business Development Corporation (WBDC)
- Stephen P. Flavin, VP of Academic & Corporate Development, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)
- Parrish M. Galliher, Founder & CTO, Xcellerex Inc. a GE Healthcare Life Science Company
- Salvatore Mascia, Founder & CEO, CONTINUUS Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Kenneth P. Morse, Director, Foundation for the Advancement of Personalized Medicine Manufacturing; Member, President Obama’s National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Timothy P. Murray, President, Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Richard Priester, President & Founder, Strategic Facility Planning LLC
- Kamal Rashid, Ph.D., Director, WPI Biomanufacturing Education & Training Center (BETC)
- James L. Sherley, M.D., Ph.D., Founder and Directo, Boston's Adult Stem Cell Technology Center, LLC
- Paul Wengender, Chief Commercial Officer & Founder, Blue Sky BioServices