The Massachusetts Biotechnology Council represents more than 650 life sciences companies and organizations involved with the industry. We are available to comment and provide background on public policy, economic development, education, workforce development and other key life sciences issues.
Director of Communications
300 Technology Square, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02139
View the 650+ life sciences companies, universities, academic institutions that make up our membership list.
Biotechnology in Massachusetts
Biotechnology, drug research based on biology rather than chemicals, emerged as an industry separate from traditional pharmaceuticals about 30 years ago. Massachusetts soon became a leader in the young field. After nearly three decades of growth, the state is one of the most significant centers in the world. Learn more about the Massachusetts supercluster here.
MassBio Member News
- January 29, 2015 Averica Announces Approved DEA Registration to Research Schedule I Controlled Substances
- January 29, 2015 Voisin Consulting Life Sciences Strengthens U.S. Capabilities, Adds San Francisco Office
- January 29, 2015 Massachusetts Life Sciences Center Announces 2015-16 Internship Challenge
- January 22, 2015 ARIAD ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENT OF THOMAS J. DESROSIER, SENIOR PHARMACEUTICAL-INDUSTRY COUNSEL, AS CHIEF LEGAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
- January 21, 2015 Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Provides Update on Recent Equity Transactions Company Receives Over $1.16 Million in Past Two Months; Initiates Expansion of Marketing, Sales, and Operations Capabilities in Anticipation of Continued Strong Growth in 2015