The Massachusetts Biotechnology Council represents more than 650 life sciences companies and organizations involved with the industry. We are available to comment and provide background on public policy, economic development, education, workforce development and other key life sciences issues.
Director of Communications
300 Technology Square, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02139
View the 650+ life sciences companies, universities, academic institutions that make up our membership list.
Biotechnology in Massachusetts
Biotechnology, drug research based on biology rather than chemicals, emerged as an industry separate from traditional pharmaceuticals about 30 years ago. Massachusetts soon became a leader in the young field. After nearly three decades of growth, the state is one of the most significant centers in the world. Learn more about the Massachusetts supercluster here.
MassBio Member News
- November 24, 2014 ARIAD AND STA ANNOUNCE APPROVAL OF ICLUSIG (PONATINIB) IN AUSTRALIA
- November 21, 2014 New England Controls Partners with CONTINUUS Pharmaceuticals to Implement Breakthrough Continuous Manufacturing Technology for Pharmaceuticals
- November 20, 2014 Scholar Rock Appoints Gregory J. Carven, PhD, as Vice President of Antibody Discovery and Protein Sciences
- November 20, 2014 Blueprint Medicines Unveils New Drug Discovery Program for Patients with RET Fusions at 26th EORTC-NCI-AACR Symposium
- November 18, 2014 Pressure BioSciences Ships First Two Barozyme HT48 Systems