The Massachusetts Biotechnology Council represents more than 650 life sciences companies and organizations involved with the industry. We are available to comment and provide background on public policy, economic development, education, workforce development and other key life sciences issues.
Director of Communications
300 Technology Square, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02139
View the 650+ life sciences companies, universities, academic institutions that make up our membership list.
Biotechnology in Massachusetts
Biotechnology, drug research based on biology rather than chemicals, emerged as an industry separate from traditional pharmaceuticals about 30 years ago. Massachusetts soon became a leader in the young field. After nearly three decades of growth, the state is one of the most significant centers in the world. Learn more about the Massachusetts supercluster here.
MassBio Member News
- December 17, 2014 Massachusetts Life Sciences Center Board Approves New Round of Accelerator Program Loans
- December 17, 2014 Massachusetts Life Sciences Center Announces New Appointee to Board of Directors
- December 16, 2014 PCI Synthesis Sponsors New England CRO/CMO Council
- December 16, 2014 Governor Patrick, Massachusetts Life Sciences Center Announce $1 Million Grant to Fund Research and Development of Ebola Diagnostic Test
- December 12, 2014 Clinical and Economic Impact of Next-Generation Sequencing Examined During Boston Healthcare’s Multi-Stakeholder Symposium