National Safety Council Recognizes Richard Beauregard, Director of SHE at Avecia Biotechnology Inc.
Richard Beauregard: Director of Safety, Health and Environmental, Avecia Biotechnology Inc. is honored.
Itasca, IL – The National Safety Council has announced the 40 honorees for its Rising Stars of Safety program, recognizing the safety leadership of young safety professionals. The program aims to meaningfully engage tomorrow’s safety leaders in addressing current and future safety challenges. This year’s honorees were chosen from almost 200 nominations.
“We are pleased to recognize the next generation of safety leaders,” said National Safety Council President and CEO Janet Froetscher. “These leaders of tomorrow have innovative ideas and offer fresh, valuable perspectives. We want to reach out to them and engage them in ongoing dialogue to continue to bring the best ideas to the safety industry.”
Honorees will be recognized at the opening session of the 2010 NSC Congress & Expo in San Diego on Oct. 4 among more than 10,000 of their safety peers.
The 40 honorees for 2010 are:
- Jon Atteberry: Corporate Senior Safety Support Manager, Zachry (San Antonio, TX)
- Michelle Baber: Senior Consultant of Safety, Allegheny Energy (Greensburg, PA)
- Lydell Banks: Location Safety Manager, First Student (New Orleans, LA)
- Richard Beauregard: Director of Safety, Health and Environmental, Avecia Biotechnology Inc. (Milford, MA)
- Craig Bellew: Project Health, Safety, Security Environmental Manager, CH2M HILL
- Troy Bonar: Safety Coordinator, Buffalo Gap Instrumentation and Electrical Co. Inc.
(Buffalo Gap, TX)
- Shelley Brown: District SHE Manager, AECOM West Region (Seattle, WA)
- Kris Chipman: Safety Professional, Cianbro Fabrication & Coating (Pittsfield, ME)
- Andrew Clements: Environmental Safety & Health Manager – Mid Atlantic, The Shaw Group (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Rebecca Cranford: EHS Manager – Alcoa Cleveland Works Co., Alcoa Inc. (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Landon Depue: EHS Engineer, Intel Corp. (Chandler, AZ)
- Jeremy DeWitt: Regional Safety and Industrial Hygiene Resource, DuPont – North America Region
- Michael Doucette: Director of Safety, Russell Construction (Davenport, IA)
- Sara Eschborn: HSE Communications Lead, Fluor (Greenville, SC)
- Kenneth Grace: Safety Manager – Alcoa Power and Propulsion Business Unit, Alcoa Inc.
- Carrie Haasl: Safety Specialist, Rice Lake Weighing Systems (Rice Lake, WI)
- Justin Harrison: Operations Integrity Engineer, ExxonMobil Production Co. (Houston, TX)
- Stephen Hehr: Manager, Safety and Health, American Electric Power (Columbus, OH)
- Aaron Jones: Health and Safety Manager, Spectra Energy (Houston, TX)
- Christopher Kardos: Director of Safety and Loss Control, UNIBAR Services Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Steve Katch: District Health and Safety Manager, UPS (Harrisburg, PA)
- Sean Kline: Safety Manager, Maersk Line Ltd. (Norfolk, VA)
- Sandra Kolberg: Manager, Health and Safety, Maersk Distribution Services – Canada (Delta, British Columbia)
- Dana Lamprey: Safety Coordinator, New Hampshire Ball Bearings, Astro Division (Laconia, NH)
- Chad Letendre: Principal Safety, Health and Environment Rep. – Program Manager, BAE Systems, Electronic Solutions (Nashua, NH)
- Deyanira Luna Tijerina: Safety and Health Coordinator, Navistar Inc. – Escobedo Truck Assmebly Plant (Escobedo, N.L., Mexico)
- Camille Major: Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer, Raytheon Co., Network Centric Systems (McKinny, TX)
- David McPeak: Safety Coordinator, Pike Electric Inc. (Mount Airy, NC)
- Beauregard Middaugh: Industrial Hygienist/EHS Intern Manager, E&B Paving Inc.
- Christopher Murphy: Safety Manager, Henkels & McCoy (Blue Bell, PA)
- Roderick Nadeau: Loss Prevention Consultant, Peerless Insurance, member of Liberty Mutual Group
- Emad Rahim: Section Head – Fire and Safety, Bahrain National Gas Co. (Bahrain)
- Jennifer Sanchez: Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, Raytheon Co., Raytheon Missile System
- Krista Scarborough: Senior Safety and Health Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S. (Lake Buena Vista, FL)
- Brandon Shafer: Area Human Resources Manager, UPS Freight Truckload (Richmond, VA)
- Kevin Slates: Clinical Assistant Professor of Safety and Health, Indiana University
- Ryan Spies: Safety and Environmental Manager, Rock Road Companies Inc. (Janesville, WI)
- Kyle Sullivan: Manager, Health and Safety (GM North America), General Motors LLC
- Natalie Turner: Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge of Mishap Prevention, U.S. Air Force – Royal Air Force Mildenhall (Mildenhall, England)
- Zeke Wilmot: Safety and Health Manager, EnergySolutions – Clive Facility (Salt Lake City, UT)
The National Safety Council (www.nsc.org) saves lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the roads through leadership, research, education and advocacy.
MassBio Membership gives you:
Purchasing power-MassBio negotiates a broad-based collection of services on behalf of member companies and passes the savings on to its members.
Networking and professional development-MassBio organizes and executes numerous conferences, committee meetings, and networking events throughout the year.
MassBio Signature Events-Attend our Investors Forum, Innovator Roundtables, Pharma Days, our Golf Classic Fundraiser, Policy Leadership Breakfast, and many others.
Public policy & Advocacy-As the state's leading advocate for our life science super cluster, we fight for public policy initiatives and tax incentives in Massachusetts and Washington, D.C., that will enable biotechnology companies to do their best work.
Economic development-MassBio provides expert advice and guidance to help companies find suitable locations and resources as they move to and grow in the Bay State. We make Massachusetts a better place for your business.
Visibility/Resources-Members are listed on a searchable directory that includes a profile and link to the company's website. We highlight your company's latest news by posting to our MassBio member news page. In addition, members can post job openings on our website free!
Educational incentives-We promote education, workforce development and lifelong learning through the MassBioEd Foundation. The foundation customizes training programs for companies and educational institutions and promotes science in the classroom through BioTeach. MassBio members receive a discount on courses offered by the foundation.