MASY SYSTEMS OPENS NEW FACILITY OFFERING 6,200 CU. FT. OF -75°C STORAGE SPACE
Pepperell, MA– Thursday, March 21, 2013 – Masy Systems, a leading provider of GMP storage, validation and calibration services for the pharmaceutical and biotech industries is pleased to announce the opening of a new -75°C GMP Storage Unit with additional -20°C/-25°C/-30°C space. After months of preparation, construction and excitement, the Masy Validation team completed the final stages and the additional -75°C and -20°C/-25°C/-30°C space (a combined 8,200 cu. ft.) is accepting product to meet short and long-term storage needs.
Just a few short years ago Masy's initial cascading GMP refrigerator/freezer/ultra freezer unit was built and its success, along with the success of expanded services, necessitated the expansion of the facilities and services Masy now offers.
Some of Masy's capabilities include:
- Photostability and Stability Capacity - Dozens of stability chambers support the ability to provide custom conditions for short or long-term stability studies.
- Storage of Controlled Substances - Approved by the Drug Enforcement Agency to store selected controlled substances. Under certain circumstances, Masy can provide GMP storage for DEA regulated material.
- Incubators - Masy has used tabletop units as well as our 700 cu. ft. stability rooms to accelerate the timeline for growth media testing. They also have the ability to accept a time and temperature program into the control module for automated condition changes.
- Secure Ambient and Controlled Room Temperature (CRT) Storage - Validated caged area stores product between 15°C to 30°C on pallets or in high density racks. This space provides about 7,500 cu. ft. of secure ambient storage. The CRT Warehouse can hold up to 25,000 cu. ft. at 20°C to 25°C for real life aging studies of medical devices and long-term storage of critical samples.
- Cryostorage - Masy operates a variety of mechanical and LN2 freezers to store products requiring a colder than -135°C environment.
An Open House is in the planning stages for late Spring.
MassBio Membership gives you:
Purchasing power-MassBio negotiates a broad-based collection of services on behalf of member companies and passes the savings on to its members.
Networking and professional development-MassBio organizes and executes numerous conferences, committee meetings, and networking events throughout the year.
MassBio Signature Events-Attend our Investors Forum, Innovator Roundtables, Pharma Days, our Golf Classic Fundraiser, Policy Leadership Breakfast, and many others.
Public policy & Advocacy-As the state's leading advocate for our life science super cluster, we fight for public policy initiatives and tax incentives in Massachusetts and Washington, D.C., that will enable biotechnology companies to do their best work.
Economic development-MassBio provides expert advice and guidance to help companies find suitable locations and resources as they move to and grow in the Bay State. We make Massachusetts a better place for your business.
Visibility/Resources-Members are listed on a searchable directory that includes a profile and link to the company's website. We highlight your company's latest news by posting to our MassBio member news page. In addition, members can post job openings on our website free!
Educational incentives-We promote education, workforce development and lifelong learning through the MassBioEd Foundation. The foundation customizes training programs for companies and educational institutions and promotes science in the classroom through BioTeach. MassBio members receive a discount on courses offered by the foundation.