Massachusetts’ leading advocate
for our life sciences super cluster
Biotechnology is a complex, highly regulated industry. At MassBio, we work diligently to educate on and advocate for an industry that is vital to the Massachusetts economy. The innovative science, on which our talented workforce is focused, improves the lives of people around the world.
As the state's leading advocate for our life sciences super cluster, we fight to maintain our leadership position in this ever-changing global economy by developing and supporting initiatives at the local, state and federal levels that will ensure we continue to not only compete, but lead.
As the voice of biotechnology and life sciences, we are committed to informing our members on issues of import, as well as mobilizing our vast membership to amplify our views on issues, as needed.
We work closely with other stakeholders and collaborate with partners to demonstrate the far-reaching impact any decisions that are made have on our industry and patients.
To support biotechnology and promote its policy goals, MassBio:
- Advocates on legislation critical to growth and success of the biotechnology industry
- Engages in dialogue with government regulatory agencies and sponsors biotechnology positions on pertinent issues
- Hosts candidate forums during election seasons
- Disseminates news on the latest developments in politics and policy through a variety of publications
- Conducts public forums on pressing contemporary issues
- Issues policy papers and statements delineating the MassBio point of view on various topics
- Manages both a state and federal Political Action Committee (PAC)
- January 26, 2015 MassBio Office Closed 1/27 & 1/28, Policy Breakfast Postponed Due to Blizzard
- January 26, 2015 Submit your nominee: Who has made Massachusetts a better place for the industry?
- January 22, 2015 Supporting Increased NIH Funding
- January 16, 2015 MassBio Joins Effort to Support Workplace Equality for Women
- December 16, 2014 Governor Patrick Announces Over 100 Private Sector Employers Join Corporate Challenge Program with Bentley University