Massachusetts’ leading advocate
for our life sciences super cluster
Biotechnology is a complex, highly regulated industry. At MassBio, we work diligently to educate on and advocate for an industry that is vital to the Massachusetts economy. The innovative science, on which our talented workforce is focused, improves the lives of people around the world.
As the state's leading advocate for our life sciences super cluster, we fight to maintain our leadership position in this ever-changing global economy by developing and supporting initiatives at the local, state and federal levels that will ensure we continue to not only compete, but lead.
As the voice of biotechnology and life sciences, we are committed to informing our members on issues of import, as well as mobilizing our vast membership to amplify our views on issues, as needed.
We work closely with other stakeholders and collaborate with partners to demonstrate the far-reaching impact any decisions that are made have on our industry and patients.
To support biotechnology and promote its policy goals, MassBio:
- Advocates on legislation critical to growth and success of the biotechnology industry
- Engages in dialogue with government regulatory agencies and sponsors biotechnology positions on pertinent issues
- Hosts candidate forums during election seasons
- Disseminates news on the latest developments in politics and policy through a variety of publications
- Conducts public forums on pressing contemporary issues
- Issues policy papers and statements delineating the MassBio point of view on various topics
- Manages both a state and federal Political Action Committee (PAC)
- November 21, 2014 PATRICK ADMINISTRATION ANNOUNCES GRANTS TO 23 COMMUNITIES TO HELP FIRST RESPONDERS REVERSE OPIOID OVERDOSES
- November 20, 2014 Biotech Industry Endorses 17 Programs at 10 Educational Institutions
- November 13, 2014 MassBio Brings IPP Vision Van & Shoemobile to MassBio Members
- November 7, 2014 New Massachusetts Life Sciences Center grant program to fund milestone achievement by early-stage companies
- October 31, 2014 Calling All Rockers!