Massachusetts’ leading advocate
for our life sciences super cluster
Biotechnology is a complex, highly regulated industry. At MassBio, we work diligently to educate on and advocate for an industry that is vital to the Massachusetts economy. The innovative science, on which our talented workforce is focused, improves the lives of people around the world.
As the state's leading advocate for our life sciences super cluster, we fight to maintain our leadership position in this ever-changing global economy by developing and supporting initiatives at the local, state and federal levels that will ensure we continue to not only compete, but lead.
As the voice of biotechnology and life sciences, we are committed to informing our members on issues of import, as well as mobilizing our vast membership to amplify our views on issues, as needed.
We work closely with other stakeholders and collaborate with partners to demonstrate the far-reaching impact any decisions that are made have on our industry and patients.
To support biotechnology and promote its policy goals, MassBio:
- Advocates on legislation critical to growth and success of the biotechnology industry
- Engages in dialogue with government regulatory agencies and sponsors biotechnology positions on pertinent issues
- Hosts candidate forums during election seasons
- Disseminates news on the latest developments in politics and policy through a variety of publications
- Conducts public forums on pressing contemporary issues
- Issues policy papers and statements delineating the MassBio point of view on various topics
- Manages both a state and federal Political Action Committee (PAC)
- September 8, 2014 BioPharm America™ 2014 leads off with Fierce 15 Announcement and Keynote Address featuring Chief Scientific Officer from Sanofi
- September 5, 2014 MassBio Partners with Liftstream on Gender Diversity Survey
- August 25, 2014 Life Sciences Job Postings Remain High
- August 21, 2014 MassBio Announces New Collaborations with Nature Publishing Group & Journal of Commercial Biotechnology
- August 20, 2014 MA Seed-Stage Funding at Critical Juncture