Massachusetts’ leading advocate
for our life sciences super cluster
Biotechnology is a complex, highly regulated industry. At MassBio, we work diligently to educate on and advocate for an industry that is vital to the Massachusetts economy. The innovative science, on which our talented workforce is focused, improves the lives of people around the world.
As the state's leading advocate for our life sciences super cluster, we fight to maintain our leadership position in this ever-changing global economy by developing and supporting initiatives at the local, state and federal levels that will ensure we continue to not only compete, but lead.
As the voice of biotechnology and life sciences, we are committed to informing our members on issues of import, as well as mobilizing our vast membership to amplify our views on issues, as needed.
We work closely with other stakeholders and collaborate with partners to demonstrate the far-reaching impact any decisions that are made have on our industry and patients.
To support biotechnology and promote its policy goals, MassBio:
- Advocates on legislation critical to growth and success of the biotechnology industry
- Engages in dialogue with government regulatory agencies and sponsors biotechnology positions on pertinent issues
- Hosts candidate forums during election seasons
- Disseminates news on the latest developments in politics and policy through a variety of publications
- Conducts public forums on pressing contemporary issues
- Issues policy papers and statements delineating the MassBio point of view on various topics
- Manages both a state and federal Political Action Committee (PAC)
- February 24, 2015 New Class of MassCONNECT Startups Chosen
- February 18, 2015 UMCCTS, SoPE & Harvard Business School Healthcare Alumni Association to Host Innovation Case Study on Voyager Therapeutics
- February 12, 2015 Remembering Brian Murphy
- February 10, 2015 MassBio Office Closed Tuesday, February 10th
- February 9, 2015 MassBio names MacDonald Executive Vice President