As a representative of an industry committed to discovering new cures and ensuring patient access to them, MassBio strongly supports efforts to increase the availability of accurate, scientific evidence to inform clinical decision-making. MassBio believes that individual patients and their doctors should be armed with the best available information to help assess the relative clinical benefits and risks of various treatment alternatives. When appropriately applied, comparative effectiveness information is a valuable tool that, together with a variety of other types of medical evidence, can contribute to improving health care delivery.
MassBio is concerned that comparative effectiveness information may be used strictly as a means to contain costs, rather than deliver health care value by improving patient health outcomes.
We support the BIO Priniciples on Comparative Effectiveness.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- August 22, 2014 SEF Presents: Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection Regulatory & Enforcement Update
- August 22, 2014 UPS Lunch & Learn: New Temperature Sensitive Packaging
- August 21, 2014 MassBio Announces New Collaborations with Nature Publishing Group & Journal of Commercial Biotechnology
- August 20, 2014 MA Seed-Stage Funding at Critical Juncture
- August 19, 2014 Renewed investor appetite in biotech innovation means strong attendance expected at BioPharm America™ 2014