As a representative of an industry committed to discovering new cures and ensuring patient access to them, MassBio strongly supports efforts to increase the availability of accurate, scientific evidence to inform clinical decision-making. MassBio believes that individual patients and their doctors should be armed with the best available information to help assess the relative clinical benefits and risks of various treatment alternatives. When appropriately applied, comparative effectiveness information is a valuable tool that, together with a variety of other types of medical evidence, can contribute to improving health care delivery.
MassBio is concerned that comparative effectiveness information may be used strictly as a means to contain costs, rather than deliver health care value by improving patient health outcomes.
We support the BIO Priniciples on Comparative Effectiveness.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- April 15, 2014 BioPharm America™ 2014 returns to Boston’s Copley Place and a celebration of the FierceBiotech Fierce 15
- April 11, 2014 Impact 2020 Twitter Chat: Patient Advocacy for the Future
- April 10, 2014 Regional Mixer: Waltham
- April 10, 2014 Regional Mixer: Lexington
- April 9, 2014 6th Annual Progress Toward Winning the War on Cancer Symposium