As a representative of an industry committed to discovering new cures and ensuring patient access to them, MassBio strongly supports efforts to increase the availability of accurate, scientific evidence to inform clinical decision-making. MassBio believes that individual patients and their doctors should be armed with the best available information to help assess the relative clinical benefits and risks of various treatment alternatives. When appropriately applied, comparative effectiveness information is a valuable tool that, together with a variety of other types of medical evidence, can contribute to improving health care delivery.
MassBio is concerned that comparative effectiveness information may be used strictly as a means to contain costs, rather than deliver health care value by improving patient health outcomes.
We support the BIO Priniciples on Comparative Effectiveness.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- July 24, 2014 New Funding Opportunities from the National Institutes for Neurological Disorders & Stroke (NINDS)
- July 24, 2014 SEF Roundtable: Greening Labs Through Recycling
- July 24, 2014 MassBio Tour of Fenway Park with W.B. Mason
- July 23, 2014 Life Sciences Baltics 2014
- July 23, 2014 Nominations Open for 2014 Global Pediatric Innovator Awards