MassBio represents more than 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations in Massachusetts. MassBio's members develop medical products and technologies to treat patients afflicted with serious diseases, to delay the onset of these diseases, or to prevent them in the first place. In that way, our member's novel therapeutics, vaccines, and diagnostics not only have improved health outcomes, including productivity and quality of life, but also have reduced health care expenditures due to fewer physician office visits, hospitalizations, and surgical interventions.
MassBio believes that to fulfill the goals of Affordable Care Act (ACA) the essential health benefits coverage standard must ensure meaningful coverage for patients enrolled in non-grandfathered health plans sold in the individual and small-group markets both inside and outside of the American Health Benefit Exchanges (“Exchanges”). Essential health benefits should guarantee that individuals have access to preventive services, medically necessary treatments, clinically appropriate treatments, and innovative treatments—all at affordable costs.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- August 29, 2014 TEDMED @ MassBio
- August 29, 2014 Corning Lunch & Learn: Tips & Best Practices for Improving Cell-Based Assay Performance
- August 29, 2014 Value Forum Series Part I: Creating Value from Cradle to Commercialization
- August 22, 2014 SEF Presents: Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection Regulatory & Enforcement Update
- August 22, 2014 UPS Lunch & Learn: New Temperature Sensitive Packaging