2013 - 2014 Legislative Priorities
The introduction of biosimilar and interchangeable biologics into clinical practice will present some new challenges that have not historically been present with small molecule generic medicines. Current state rules on substitution will very likely need to be updated or completely re-written in the context of biosimilar and interchangeable biologic medicines. Sound policy in Massachusetts that outlines parameters for safe substitution of interchangeable biologics is the best option to ensure patients have access to high-quality, safe, and effective biologic medicines. MassBio’s core concerns are to safeguard patient safety and the primacy of the physician-patient relationship.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- June 17, 2013 Japan Biotech Innovation Showcase & Reception: New Technology Platform Opportunities
- June 13, 2013 NERCSQA’s 2013 Spring Training: 1.5 GCP or GLP RQAP Re-Registration Units
- June 13, 2013 Supreme Court Rejects Gene Patents
- June 11, 2013 English as a Second Language Writing Seminar Series
- June 11, 2013 Champion Among Us: Former Gov. Paul Cellucci goes to bat for ALS Research