Alexandria Launch Labs Innovation Prizes 2019
Posted Additional Opportunities
The Alexandria LaunchLabs® Innovation Prizes will recognize excellence in early-stage science, leadership, and business strategy. Prizes will be awarded in two separate groups of competitors — an Entrepreneur Category and an Academic Category. Entrants will be evaluated by a panel of judges based on the quality of science (30%), quality of leadership team (30%), quality of business plan (30%), and financial need + impact of prize (10%). For each award category, five finalists will be chosen to pitch before the selection panel and winners will be announced by the end of June 2019. All applications must be submitted by 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on May 31, 2019
Within each award category, one winning company will receive:
- A $100K cash grant to be used exclusively to defray research and development or other costs directly related to the advancement of the winner’s business plan; and
- An option to receive a free one-year license of space at Alexandria LaunchLabs® – Cambridge, including one work station, one bench, and one membership worth a total approximate value of $25,000.
Entrants must be early-stage U.S. corporations, limited liability corporations, or similar legal business entities that:
- Were incorporated or duly organized in their state of formation prior to the submission of their application or nomination;
- Pursue a business plan primarily focused on life science research and development; and
- Are headquartered in the commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Technology licensing offices (TLOs) of qualifying universities, teaching hospitals, and research institutes are eligible to submit up to two entrants.
- One or more company founders must be faculty, student, or alumnus/alumna of the qualifying institution.
- Current Alexandria LaunchLabs members are not eligible for this prize.
- TO APPLY: Speak with your TLO; only TLO-authorized representatives may submit applications