MassBioEd - English Instruction & Improvement, For Non-Native Speakers
These sessions will be scheduled on an individual basis.
Coaching sessions for non-U.S.-born life sciences professionals offer in-depth training on ways to become more confident in communicating inside and outside of their organization. Classes incorporate key soft skills using role-plays of common workplace situations that students out of their comfort zones. Trainings cover a wide variety of needs, including pronunciation, presentation skills, writing more effective emails and reports, and telephone, online and face-to-face communication with internal and external customers.
Coaching is offered remotely over six 1-hour sessions, one-on-one, with the first session in-person. Scheduling is arranged between the instructor and the participant.
Focus areas will vary by individual, but may include the following:
- Placing information in context, interpreting it, and communicating to specific audiences, orally and in writing.
- “Reading people” and relationship building.
- Engaging effectively as a member of a team.
- Flexibility and adaptability, “going with the flow” during periods of change.
- For project leadership/management roles, conflict resolution, being proactive, motivating team members and giving constructive feedback.
Interested participants can register online, here.