Principles and Practice of Clinical Research
This distance-learning training program in clinical research is designed so that you can participate from anywhere in the world, with optional in-person components. You will gain basic and advanced training in clinical trials and aim to broaden your role in the design, management, analysis, and reporting of clinical trials.
By helping researchers improve their skills in clinical research in a highly interactive environment, this program will promote personal and professional growth and help participants become more effective in their work. As a participant, you will learn to design clinical trials and interpret results from statistical analysis in an effective manner. The entire process of conducting clinical research will be reviewed from data collection to statistical analysis to reading and understanding research papers.
- Weekly 3-hour live interactive video-conference sessions with participants from the same location (for instance, participants from Dresden, Germany meet at University of Dresden for the live connection with Harvard) or, if you are an individual participant, remotely
- Required forum discussions, readings, assignments, statistical exercises, and group project
- Optional 3-day Advanced Statistical Workshop and Research Proposal Writing Workshops in Boston, MA
- Recommended 5-day Immersion Course at the end of the 9-month program in São Paulo, Brazil
- Requirements: regular access to a computer with excellent internet connection, email, a PDF viewer, and possibly a webcam and microphone connected to the computer
The application deadline is December 31, 2017.