SLAS2020 International Conference and Exhibition
Call for Abstracts open
SLAS is a global organization that provides forums for education and information exchange to encourage study and professional collaboration aimed at advancing life sciences research and development using technology for the drug discovery, biotechnology, chemical, data informatics, clinical diagnostic, consumer product, pharmaceutical, and other industries.
SLAS proudly hosts SLAS2020, the Society’s flagship international conference and exhibition, from January 25-29, 2020. More than 6,000 scientists, academicians, technology providers and business leaders are expected to attend SLAS2020 in San Diego. The conference will include an expansive educational program focused on life sciences discovery and technology. The SLAS2020 Exhibition will host approximately 300 leading companies from around the world, showcasing the latest in technologies for the life sciences.
Travel Awards, Student Poster Awards, New Product Awards, the Innovation Award and Ignite Award recognize exceptional work in and around SLAS and the life sciences community.
Keynote speakers include:
- Jackie Hunter, Ph.D., of BenevolentAI which uses AI to augment the research capability of drug scientists, radically changing the way R&D is done — from target identification and validation, through medicinal chemistry and lead optimization to clinical PoC. Dr. Hunter has more than 30 years of experience in the bioscience research sector, working across academia and industry including leading neurology and gastrointestinal drug discovery and early clinical development for GlaxoSmithKline.
Leroy Cronin, Ph.D., Professor, University of Glasgow. With one of the largest multidisciplinary chemistry-based research teams in the world, Dr. Cronin’s group at the University of Glasgow is developing the concept of ‘Chemputing’ which enables the universal digitization of chemistry, in order to create artificial life forms, find alien life, further explore the digitization of chemistry, understand how information can be encoded into chemicals and construct chemical computers.
Abstract submission is open now for SLAS2020, which will feature a 3-day scientific education program centered around the following tracks:
- Advances in Bioanalytics and Biomarkers
- Assay Development and Screening
- Automation and High-Throughput Technologies
- Biologics Discovery
- Cellular Technologies
- Data Analysis and Informatics
- Drug Target Strategies
- Micro- and Nanotechnologies
- Molecular Libraries
- Precision Medicine Technologies
The SLAS2020 Scientific Program Committee is responsible for reviewing all submitted abstracts for podium and poster presentation.
A highlight of the conference is the interactive exhibition, with more than 300 companies showcasing their cutting edge laboratory technologies, an exhibition theater where exhibitors give Solution Spotlight presentations, and hundreds of poster presentations. Networking opportunities abound at SLAS2020 for all levels of the career spectrum. A dedicated early-career program is available to those who want to take advantage of mentoring services and career connections.