Current Academic Engagement Programs
MassCONNECT PI is the only program in Massachusetts that is solely dedicated to serving the needs of Principal Investigators (PIs) in life sciences. One PI is matched for two, one-hour meetings with two mentors for perspectives and guidance. Mentors are composed of subject matter experts and key opinion-leaders from our MassCONNECT network.
Contact Lucie Rochard to learn more or apply to the program.
Academic Industry Roundtable Series
This series convenes academia and industry to share information and best practices with the objective of accelerating innovation and clinical translation through collaboration. This program was developed by MassBio, Troy Norris, and Back Bay Life Science Advisors.
MassBio is committed to working with a network of partners to support initiatives and provide resources within academic institutions in our network. Below are our current existing partnerships:
We have partnered with the Activate program – organized by the collaborative efforts of the Harvard Biotech Club, the Harvard Business School Healthcare Club, the MIT Biotech Group, and the MIT Sloan Healthcare Club – to provide mentorship and resources to early-stage entrepreneurs. For more information about Activate, please visit their website.
MassBio AOE has also partnered with MIT linQ’s IDEA2 Global program as they provide support to individuals developing the next generation of biomedical solutions. For more details, visit the IDEA2 Global website.
Academic Steering Committee
MassBio’s Academic Outreach and Engagement Initiatives are guided by a Steering Committee who provide oversight and direction on specific programs, vision, and objectives. Current members include:
- Elizabeth Aylward, Seattle Children’s Research Institute
- Jennifer Chadwick, BioAnalytix
- Mark Chance, Case Western Reserve University of Medicine
- Martha Gray, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Amy House, Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures
- Tom McMurry, Boston University
- Troy Norris, Valamont Advisors
- Matt Nugent, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- David Potter, Brown University
- Chandra Ramanathan, Bayer
- Tracy Schmidt, Tufts University
- Jess Tytell, Boston University
- Nancy Wetherbee, Tufts Medical Center