Massachusetts Companies with 100 Employees or Less: Your employees may be eligible to take the course at no cost through the Small Business Direct Access Program. Please note: Your company’s application to the SBDA Program must be submitted four (4) weeks before your inteded start date of training (the start date of the course).
- To see if your company is already registered through the Small Business Direct Access Program, you can check the list of eligible businesses by clicking “List of eligible businesses” on the page here.
- Please note, the approval process can take 2-4 weeks. The application does not save progress, so it is important to have all of the necessary required documents, referenced in Step 2, in advance of filling out and submitting your application here. If your company is not listed, you can register using the form at the bottom of the page
- Once your company is approved, the Commonwealth Corporation will notify the contact person by email and you will be added to the List of eligible businesses.
- Once approved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the employee(s) who wish to register, and we will add them to the course roster for the next available course.
- Further directions on how to enroll employees through the Small Business Direct Access Program can be found here.
This MassBioEd ten-session online course, examines critical aspects of project management, including an overview of the drug development process and regulatory agencies. Participants gain practical experience with project management tools, such as Product Development Plans, Responsibility Assignment Matrices, Communication Plans, and Work Breakdown Structures. Participants learn to use tools and strategies for working in a team environment to analyze risk, allocate resources, track projects, resolve conflicts, make decisions, and manage management and teams. Most importantly, participants increase their ability to deliver project results. This will be an interactive course with group breakout sessions, and team activities. We will focus on foundational information, regulations, phases I-IV, and case studies. To encourage engagement, we will implement gamification of content, as a teaching technique when discussing specific products or lines of service.
In this remote interactive learning environment, participants gain understanding and skills in the responsibilities, activities, and competencies required of a successful Project Manager in the biotechnology industry. Experiential learning labs, class participation, and real-world examples are used to maximize educational learning.
“Biotechnology Project Management” helps executives, researchers, technicians, and managers understand the role of project management and how their job fits into the overall drug development process.
- Tuesday, June 1st, 2021 at 3:30-6:30 PM
- Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Friday, June 4th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Monday, June 7th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Wednesday, June 9th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Friday, June 11th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Monday, June 14th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Wednesday, June 16th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Friday, June 18th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Monday, June 21st, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM