This course deals with the challenges related to managing change associated with career transition. Understand the clinical research field as well as your career strengths, career interests, and values. In addition, focus on your uniqueness and its value to yourself and the marketplace. Identify transferable skills and accomplishments that can be used in clinical research. Learn from clinical research experts how to market yourself and how to enter the clinical research arena.
This course is presented in two sessions that will prepare you to confidently embark on your job search.
Session 1: Computerized Systems in Clinical Research
Clinical Trial Management System Software
- Review of Clinical Trials
- Electronic Data Capture (EDC)
- Clinical Trial Management Systems (CTMS)
- Risk Based Monitoring (RBM)
Session 2: Transitioning into and Growing a Career in Clinical Research
Résumé Basics, Job Search Strategies, and Internet Marketing
- Overview of clinical research roles
- Tips to structure a job search
- Résumé tips
- Informational interviewing to accelerate a search
- Social media tools (LinkedIn) for your search
Contact hours for this course: 6