Membership Types & Rates
There are 975+ MassBio member companies, approximately 60% of which are biotechnology companies. The remaining 40% are associate, non-profit, or academic organizations in the life sciences industry.
Membership is only available to organizations, not to individuals. Biotech and associate industry members enjoy all of the same benefits of MassBio membership, but are categorized as either “for-profit biotechnology companies,” “non-profit and academic institutions,” or “associate industry members,” and fall under different annual dues structures.
To find out more about becoming a MassBio member, please contact Laura Hamilton.
To apply, download the 2017 application which can be faxed or mailed to MassBio.
Annual Dues 2017 (Effective 1/1/2017 through 12/31/17)
Definition: Any for-profit biotech company, including but not limited to those involved in the development of therapeutic drugs, vaccines, diagnostic assays and agricultural products.
All dues are based on the total number of full-time employees worldwide.
|Revenue less than $100 million|
|With 20 or fewer employees||$1,850|
|With 21 - 50 employees||$4,075, plus $72 for each additional employee over a total of 21 employees|
|With 51 - 150 employees||$6,200, plus $32 for each additional employee over a total of 51 employees|
|With more than 150 employees||
$9,375, plus $20 for each additional employee over a total of 151 employees. Maximum of $16,950
|Revenue greater than $100 million, less than $1 billion|
|Revenue greater than or equal to $1 billion|
Associate Industry Members
Definition: Companies and institutions that are not directly involved in commercial biotechnology but share an interest in the industry's future.
All dues based are on the total number of full-time employees worldwide.
|With 20 or fewer employees||$4,325|
|With between 21 - 100 employees||$6,850|
|With between 101 - 500 employees||$8,700|
|With between 501 - 1000 employees||$9,950|
|With more than 1000 employees||$10,600|
Definition: Universities, hospitals, research institutions, government agencies and any other non-profit organization.
|With any number of employees||$3,150|