As we say often, our members are constantly evolving, and MassBio is evolving right along with them. While we all get accustomed to working from home, practicing social distancing, and holding our events and meetings virtually, MassBio has been working on several new initiatives to engage our members in their new virtual settings.
MassBio Town Hall
MassBio will host regular virtual Town Halls for members, taking place Tuesdays at 11am. This will be an opportunity for our members to ask questions, hear what MassBio is up to, and learn more about the state of the industry amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Register for the Town Halls on our events page.
Virtual Forums & Other Events
We have rolled out more virtual events on a range of topics, from our professional development forums, to a Make Shift Happen series to promote ED&I, and more. Visit our events page to learn more.
MassBio Virtual Community on LinkedIn
Recognizing that a big part of what MassBio offers is a central place to convene and collaborate, we’ve launched a MassBio Virtual Community on LinkedIn for our members to connect with peers and stay-up-to date on MassBio’s COVID-19 efforts, general news, and member resources. Our membership team will begin weekly discussions on everything from tips for working at home to the best new recipes to try. We encourage members to begin their own discussions – scientific or business related – and to use this platform as a way to network virtually and feel a part of a larger community. MassBio members and life sciences companies in Massachusetts can request to join here.
MassBio Edge Virtual Savings & Rewards
We’ve added to our savings and rewards program, MassBio Edge, to include more virtual offerings for members, and to help companies navigate the virtual workplace. Here are some of the new offerings under Employee Rewards that individual members can begin taking advantage of today, along with free benefits open to anyone.
Explore our virtual benefits
- BURNIN’ by Ray – Free online 24-minute at-home online workouts.
- DailyBurn – Free 60-day trial
- Delivery.com – Online ordering for food/alcohol, groceries, and laundry, 15% off orders (up to $15 dollars off)
- Eastern Standard Provisions Company –20% off artisanal soft pretzels
- Improve It! – Personal development and team building through improv, available online.
- Museum of Science at Home – Includes everything from live-streaming presentations and “ask a scientist” Q&As, to downloadable STEM activities for families and much more.
- Orangetheory – Free 30-minute workouts
- Scout & Cellar – 20% off on select wines through April 1st. 5% volume discount for 6-11 bottles, 10% volume discount for 12+ bottles.
- Stanford University – Free enrollment for “Introduction to Mathematical Thinking” course
- University of Michigan – Free enrollment for “Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills” course
- Yale University – Free enrollment for “The Science of Well-Being” course
- YMCA 360 – Free health and fitness videos
- Yoga With Adriene – Free online yoga for beginners
- Zipcar – Avoid public transportation with preferred MassBio pricing
- ZOO New England – Hosting a mix of videos and activities on Facebook Live daily at 1:30pm
For those members that take advantage of our Preferred Partners under MassBio Edge, there are new benefits they are offering to member companies.
Explore Preferred Partners
- AFR Furniture Rental – Temporary furniture solutions
- ACS Publications – Speak to an ACS Publications consultant today about a 90 day trial.
- Corporate Traveler – Duty of Care. Flyers: Overview, Common Questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eze Castle Integration – Support building a virtual work environment
- Middlesex Gases – Reliable source for critical lab gases. Remote monitoring of product levels available.
- Springer Nature – Free access to COVID-19 related publications
- Veolia – Decontamination services for facilities
- W.B. Mason – Back to Work Products
Make sure you have an account on MassBio.org to take advantage of these benefits and look out for more communications around these efforts as we continuously add in new programs and perks!
COVID-19 Resource Center
Running a business during the COVID-19 pandemic is no easy feat, so we’ve compiled resources around applying for relief under the CARES Act, guidance from the FDA around clinical trials, information about donating supplies to healthcare providers, ways to give back to the community, and a list of current grant opportunities. Explore the COVID-19 Resource Center here.