Improving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Life Sciences Industry
MassBio is proud to be the resource for Massachusetts life sciences companies of all sizes as they seek increased diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within their companies. As part of your membership, MassBio’s dedicated DEI team provides a number of e-services, including one-on-one meetings, to help support you in all of our DEI goals and strategies. To learn more about what we can provide, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not a member but are interested in becoming one contact Ben Bradford.
Are you creating a new DEI initiative at your company or looking for resources and tools to strengthen your existing work? Check out our DEI Resource Center to find templates for employee engagement surveys and diversity dashboards, “Getting Started” one-pagers for small and emerging companies, links to External Affinity Organizations, our Employee Resource Group report, and more.
MassBio’s Open Letter 2.0 – The CEO Pledge for a More Equitable and Inclusive Life Sciences Industry
MassBio’s Open Letter 2.0 serves as a call to action for CEOs across the life sciences to create change within their respective organizations and is a critical component of MassBio’s expanded equity, diversity, and inclusion (ED&I) initiative rolled out earlier this year.
By signing this letter, a CEO recognizes that racial inequity exists in the life sciences industry and in his/her company and is taking responsibility to fix that injustice through comprehensive ED&I initiatives that are broad in scope, specific in action, and measurable in results. The pledge is a long-term commitment dedicated to moving the industry forward over the next several years. The more than 220 CEOs that signed the letter represent small and emerging biotechs, midsized companies, and large biopharmaceutical companies. Learn more and sign the pledge.
DEI Resource Center
The MassBio Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Resource Center is a centralized hub where you can access the best practices, tools, and resources needed to achieve diverse, equitable, and inclusive excellence in your workplace. Click here to visit the DEI Resource Center.
DEI Success Stories
MassBio’s DEI Success Stories spotlight the great work companies are doing to improve DEI in the life sciences and drive change in the industry. Companies have leveraged these stories to provide the impetus behind an initiative, its rollout, and the impact it has made on a company. Our members have found great value in learning how others are doing well.
If you are interested in submitting a DEI success story or looking for more information, please review the guidelines below. If you have a specific company or personal example that you’d like to share, but you don’t feel it can be turned into a blog post, email Cayley Moynihan so we can add it to a running list of successful examples that can be shared in a different way.
DEI Success Story Guidelines
- Content must be original. Your piece can be published elsewhere after we post. Please include: “Originally published on MassBio.org (Date)” and link back to our blog.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. When quoting others, please cite your sources accordingly.
- Please keep your submission between 500 – 900 words.
- We encourage images and/or video to accompany guest blog posts and prefer that images be directly relevant to the content. If you are including pictures of people, please make sure you have their permission to use them. If you are borrowing an image we require proper attribution to the creator of the image.
- Excessive links or any links that appear spammy will be removed.
- We will make minor edits to the piece where necessary. Prior to the publication of your guest blog post, we will make sure you agree with these changes.
- Please include a headshot and short author bio.
- MassBio reserves the right to refuse publication, remove blog content, and change these guidelines as we see fit.