WilmerHale is a leading, full-service international law firm with 1,000 lawyers located throughout 13 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. We practice at the very top of the legal profession and offer a cutting-edge blend of capabilities that enables us to handle deals and cases of any size and complexity.
Widely recognized for our knowledge in the life sciences industry, WilmerHale has represented life sciences clients across the United States and internationally for more than four decades. We understand the business of our life sciences clients and the changing regulatory and competitive demands they face. Our clients include pharmaceutical, diagnostic, technology and medical device companies at all stages of growth and other key players in the space, including venture capitalists, investment banks, universities and research institutions.
WilmerHale’s Life Sciences Practice has extraordinary breadth and depth, with a multidisciplinary team with experience and skills to address a broad range of matters for clients, including corporate finance, corporate governance and disclosure, licensing and strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation and tax, patent litigation and licensing disputes, patent drafting and prosecution, strategic IP counseling, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) matters, competition and other regulatory matters, government investigations and litigation, real estate transactions and securities litigation and enforcement. Drawing upon deep industry knowledge as well as technical proficiency, our lawyers are equipped to advise clients on legal strategy and complex business transactions.
PRACTICE AT A GLANCE
- Our multidisciplinary teams work seamlessly to handle a broad range of matters for
life sciences clients, including corporate transactions and governance, intellectual
property, litigation, regulatory matters, and securities fraud.
- We have served clients in thousands of complex transactions, advising on
venture financings, public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, foreign investment
transactions, cross-border business issues, and licensing agreements and
- Our team is bolstered by the academic and industry experience of more than 100 lawyers and technology specialists with scientific and technical degrees, including 65 with degrees in biological and chemical sciences.
- We have robust experience with legal processes specific to the life science industry such as abbreviated new drug applications (ANDA), Orange Book listings and litigation arising from the Biosimilar Price Competition and Innovation Act (BPCIA).
- We provide a comprehensive range of IP counseling and prosecution services including strategic patent portfolio development and life-cycle management; IP diligence in connection with public and private offerings and M&As; and landscape, freedom-to-operate, patentability, validity and infringement advice.