Last week, MassBio, MassMEDIC, the Massachusetts Health and Hospital Association (MHA), and the Conference of Boston Teaching Hospitals (COBTH) launched the Massachusetts Life Sciences Emergency SupplyHub to help bring additional supplies to our state’s healthcare institutions so they can continue to test and treat patients with COVID-19.
The response has been amazing, and we can’t thank these companies enough – nearly 400 companies have already offered to donate everything from masks and goggles to swabs and tubes – but we need more. If your organization can donate lab, testing and diagnostics supplies, personal protection equipment (PPE), and medical and scientific expertise needed to combat COVID-19, please consider doing so through the SupplyHub. You don’t have to be a life sciences company to donate – we’re seeing colleges and universities, tech companies, and even banks step up to the plate as well.
We must all do our part to protect the true heroes in all of this – healthcare providers – who are putting their health on the line to protect all of us. Learn more and donate here.
Introducing MassBio’s LinkedIn Virtual Community
With breaking news released daily and employees working from home, it’s easy to feel out of touch with the life sciences community. That’s why we are launching our LinkedIn Virtual Community – a centralized and professional LinkedIn group to connect with peers and stay up to date with MassBio’s COVID-19 efforts, news, and resources. You can request to join the network, here.
News of the SupplyHub and the coordinated efforts of the life sciences industry to bring additional supplies and resources to our state’s healthcare institutions has gained traction across Massachusetts. Below, please find coverage highlights from the last week:
- The Boston Globe: Mass. biotech groups seek donations of emergency supplies to combat coronavirus
- WBUR: Mass. Companies Donating Supplies To Fight Coronavirus Outbreak
- CBS Boston: Plea To Massachusetts BioTech Companies To Donate Supplies
- WHDH: MassBio urges life sciences companies to donate lab supplies, protective gear
- State House News Service: Mass. Reports First COVID-19 Death, More Hospitalizations
- CommonWealth Magazine: Hospitals crowdsource protective equipment
- MassLive: Coronavirus response: Massachusetts enlists of help of life sciences industry to get supplies for emergency personnel; Here’s what they need
- Boston.com: Massachusetts has ‘millions’ of masks on order to fight coronavirus
- WBUR: All Hands On Deck For Mass. Biotech Industry As Donated Supplies Roll In
Stay tuned for more updates on the impact of the SupplyHub and the industry’s efforts to treat and combat coronavirus!