Back Bay Life Science Advisors is ranked among the Best Boutique Consulting Firms, according to the Vault 2022 rankings. Back Bay also ranked #24 in the Vault Consulting 50, Vault’s signature list of the best consulting firms to work for and ranked in the top three pure healthcare firms included on the list.
Back Bay qualified as one of the best small, mid-sized and specialist consulting firms to work for, landing in the “Top 10” of 50 consulting firms vying for top boutique consulting firm status nationwide. In addition, Back Bay Life Science Advisors earned notable rankings among boutique consulting firms, including:
- #5 in client interaction
- #8 in best overall business outlook
- #9 in informal team training
- #10 in firm leadership
- #10 in firm culture
“The ethos at Back Bay has always been about the nurturing of clients and teammates with equal dedication,” said Jonathan P. Gertler, MD, CEO, Back Bay Life Science Advisors. We care deeply about the companies and technologies that we advise, and equally so, care about the well-being of our team. Back Bay constantly strives to hire smart, kind people and foster a thriving culture. We’re proud to be ranked among the top consultancies for these attributes.”
Vault, now called “Firsthand,” surveys thousands of consulting professionals every year. From these results, they rank the top consulting firms in firm culture, work/life balance, compensation, overall business outlook and more.
Feedback about Back Bay Life Science Advisors from consulting professionals at every level lauded the firm’s attributes, including firm culture, compensation and employee satisfaction:
- “Access into the most incredible aspects of human health and the life sciences, along with human-scale work-life balance and compensation.”
- “The promotion process is rewarding. Plenty of opportunities to train to further and advance my position and professional goals. . . very, very supportive environment.”
- “Earlier opportunities to take on greater responsibilities afforded to its junior members [which] extend far beyond any competitive firm. Members as junior as analysts will present to clients and engage closely with the senior leadership team. This allows for rapid growth and expansion of skill sets.”
- “The culture is arguably the best part about Back Bay. The firm continually ensures employee satisfaction with fun events like going to Gillette Stadium and golf outings. Summer half-day Fridays are part of our culture and, unless absolutely necessary, people are encouraged not to work weekends.”
- “It’s a small organization that doesn’t get held back by bureaucracy—easy access to building relationships with senior leadership, and
- “Given the opportunity to choose amongst firms again, I would choose Back Bay over and over.”
About Back Bay Life Science Advisors
Back Bay Life Science Advisors provides life science strategy and investment banking guidance and execution to global biopharma and medtech companies across every stage and sector.
With offices in Boston, Toronto and Frankfurt, Back Bay guides companies of all sizes on technology and drug development, from planning and initial concept to product commercialization, franchising and licensing, partnering, M&A, divestiture and partnering.
Back Bay teams are comprised of MDs, PhDs, scientific and banking experts with a love for building the next generation of life science breakthroughs. We guide innovators in oncology, cell and gene therapy, cardiology, neuroinflammation, rare disease and more.
View highlights from our portfolio of projects and life science transactions and subscribe to The Life Science Report, our life science industry podcast, at https://www.bblsa.com/podcasts. www.bblsa.com