MassBioEd is committed to the development of the current biotechnology workforce. Through its Corporate Professional Development, MassBioEd offers high quality professional development programs for members and nonmembers alike. Here are five reasons you should attend their upcoming workshop, Making the Transition to Leader/Manager:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the fundamental differences between individual contributors and leader/managers through an in-depth seminar taught by Gwen Acton, PhD, an expert on strategic leadership at the intersection of science and business. Gwen is CEO of Vivo Group, a firm that improves the leadership skills of technical experts so they can be more productive and innovative in the industry.
- Interact with other industry professionals through group exercises, brainstorming activities and practice scenarios.
- Acquire skills to manage others through different techniques taught in this class.
- Increase your ability to identify effective vs. ineffective leadership attributes through practical applications and insight provided on challenges in the transition from individual technical contributor to manager.
- Learn strategies to recognize and build leadership skills to become a successful Leader/Manager.
The course is on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 from 9 AM to 4 PM. For more information about the course and to register, please visit MassBioEd’s Making the Transition to Leader/Manager page. MassBio offers a Member Discount to employees from a MassBio Member company.
Please feel free to contact Administrative & Community Affairs Coordinator Megan Schulz with any questions you may have at 617-674-5137.