What does digital healthcare mean for life sciences industry professionals? How does it affect patients? Why has it become such a hot topic?
To address these questions and more, MassBio is hosting a new Forum series that will feature industry leaders, policymakers, patients, providers and investors as they share their insights on the challenges and opportunities of digital healthcare.
Part 1 – The Digital Healthcare Landscape
Tuesday, June 21st, 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Digital healthcare is everywhere and has quickly revolutionized the industry by increasing access to diagnostics, treatments and preventative care, and by dramatically reducing healthcare costs. Join the conversation with a digital health futurist and panelists representing entrepreneur, investor and pharma perspectives.
- Christine M. Cournoyer, Chief Executive Office, N-of-1
- Juan Enriquez, Managing Director, Excel Venture Management, Co-Founder, Synthetic Genomics
- Michael Greeley, General Partner, Flare Capital Partners
- Philip Ma, PhD, Vice President, Digital Health Technology & Data Sciences, Biogen
- Lesley Solomon, MBA, Executive Director, Brigham Innovation Hub, Strategy and Innovation Director, Brigham Research Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital (Moderator)
Part 2 – “Mobilizing” Clinical Trials
Thursday, July 21st, 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Wearable devices, mobile applications for smartphones, sensors and other digital health technologies have the potential of revolutionizing clinical trials and natural history studies. Learn how new technologies can support real-time trial oversight and accurate, efficient and timely data capture.
- Amit Rakhit, MD, MBA, Chief Medical and Portfolio Management Officer, Ovid Therapeutics
- Ahmet Uluer, DO, Director, Adult Cystic Fibrosis Program, Boston Children's Hospital; Director, Weitzman Family Bridges Adult Transition Program; Assistant Professor in Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
- Kathy Zheng, Sr. Project Manager, PROMETRIKA, LLC
- Miganush Stepanians, PhD, President & CEO, PROMETRIKA, LLC (Moderator)
Part 3 – The Promise of Digital Healthcare: Commercialization & Beyond
Thursday, August 4th, 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Patients, Providers, Caregivers, Healthcare Systems & Industry….how is digital health providing solutions to complex issues in today’s healthcare environment? Our third and final Forum in the Digital Healthcare series will address the delivery side of e-healthcare, insights from digital healthcare technologies and the impact on care coordination and patient-facing planning.
- John Brownstein, PhD, Chief Innovation Officer, Boston Children’s Hospital, Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Pari Gaikwad, MS, MBA, Director Program Management, Digital Health, Microchips Biotech
- Trishan Panch, MD, MPH, Co-founder, Chief Medical Officer and Head of Product, Wellframe
- Ted D. Quinn, MBA, Chief Executive Officer & Cofounder, ACT.md
- Bruno Nardone, Vice President, Health Advances LLC (Moderator)
All programs will be held at MassBio, 300 Technology Square, 8th Floor, Cambridge.
All Forums are free of charge to MassBio members.
Not sure if you’re a member? Search for your company in the Member Directory.
The Digital Health series is open to non-members for a fee of $35 per session.