What: The 2022 Massachusetts Biotechnology Council (MassBio®) State of Possible Conference will include talks with industry leaders and supporters, such as Governor Deval Patrick, who will receive the Henri A. Termeer Innovative Leadership Award to mark the 15th anniversary of the governor’s 10-year $1 billion initiative to bolster the life sciences industry in Massachusetts. This year’s conference theme, “The Massachusetts BioPharma Ecosystem in the Post- Covid Era,” will explore conversations on the latest developments in the life sciences industry, key insights from the past year, and building a better future for patients around the world. Join MassBio and more than 500 attendees for a day of networking, keynotes, panel discussions, and Possible Talks from some of the most inspiring voices in the industry. Networking event to follow conference.
When: Thursday, May 5, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Where: Royal Sonesta Boston, 40 Edwin Land Blvd, Cambridge, MA 02142
Who: Attendees can expect to hear from the industry’s brightest minds and most influential leaders, including:
- Keynote addresses from Sekar Kathiresan, M.D., Co-Founder and CEO, Verve Therapeutics, and Dr. Noubar Afeyan, Co-Founder and CEO, Flagship Pioneering and Co-Founder and Chairman, Moderna.
- A fireside chat with Governor Deval Patrick on policy issues beyond drug pricing.
- Panel discussions on:
- The Future of the State of Possible Amidst Rapid Expansion
- What Massachusetts needs to do to address the workforce gap so we can continue as the State of Possible for industry and for patients
- What to do once your biotech startup goes public
- How the drug development process can be improved to get new, safe and effective therapies and cures to patients faster
- Innovation and access in mental health care
- What global supply chain challenges look like in 2022 and beyond
- Where MassBio member companies stand beyond the CEO Pledge
- What the next generation therapies trends are, who the leaders are and how the landscape will evolve over the next year
View session details, here.
Sponsors of the 2022 State of Possible Conference include: Alexion, Astellas, Corealis Pharma, KPMG, Massachusetts Life Sciences Center, Morgan Stanley, Mispro Biotech Services, PTC Therapeutics, Sage Therapeutics, Sanofi, Sunovion, Takeda, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and Vertex.