The Workforce Training Fund Program (WTFP) is administered by Commonwealth Corporation and offers businesses, primarily small to medium-sized, assistance in providing resources to fund training for employees through their General Program, Express Program, and Direct Access Program.
Businesses of 100 or fewer 100 employees are eligible to receive reimbursement for up to 50% of the cost of training from the WTFP.
Per calendar year, grant funds are limited to:
Up to 3,000 per employee
Up to $30,000 per company
How does it work?
You can select any course(s) that are pre-registered within the training directory. When you apply, the course ID number is required, which you can find in the training directory.
All MassBioEd corporate professional development programs qualify under the Express Program for reimbursement. MassBioEd course ID numbers are as follows:
Making Transition to Leader/Manager 1111976
Biotechnology Project Management 1091105
Biotech 101: The Science & Business of Biotech 1111998
Biotech 101: The Business of Biotech 1111997
Biotech 101: The Science of Biotech 1111996
All of our programs are:
- Designed by biotechnology industry experts.
- Updated every six months to keep pace with scientific advances and government regulations.
- Presented by practicing professionals who have years of experience in life sciences education or industry.
2018 Course Schedule:
- Select the Course ID number from the training directory for the course you wish to participate in.
- Submit an online application at least six weeks in advance of your intended training start date.
- Submit a Department of Revenue Certificate of Good Standing via email to email@example.com or via fax to 617-242-7660. Your application will not be considered complete until the receipt of a Certificate of Good Standing.
- Within 3-4 weeks of submitting a complete application, you will receive an email, requesting confirmation of your planned start date for the training.
- Upon confirmation of your start date, Commonwealth Corporation will issue an Express Program Agreement to you, listing the approved course(s) and maximum payment amount.
- You must sign and return the Agreement prior to the start of training. You will not be reimbursed for any training that begins prior to returning a signed Agreement or begins prior to the date of the Agreement.
- After completing the training course, and once you have fully paid for the course, you will submit a Reimbursement Request, along with a copy of an invoice from the training provider and proof that you have paid the provider for the approved course(s).
- Reimbursement Requests will be paid within 30 days of receipt of all required documentation.
For any questions or for more information on MassBioEd training, please contact Megan Schulz at megan.schulz@Massbio.org.