What: The State of Possible Conference, MassBio’s Annual Meeting, is the premier east coast life sciences conference. The two-day event will draw hundreds of industry leaders from Massachusetts and beyond to debate the most pressing challenges facing the life sciences to ensure we can continue this incredible success. Attendees will hear from the industry’s brightest minds through keynotes, panel discussions, and 15-minute Possible Talks®, inspiring and engaging content in the style of a TED Talk, covering topics that include how industry can shift its public narrative, building a digital health community in Massachusetts, innovative ways to fund a startup, and more.
When: August 26, 2020 at 10 am – August 27, 2020 at 3 pm
Where: The State of Possible Conference will be held virtually via Bizzabo. This platform features interactive networking capabilities and a groundbreaking viewer experience to provide the essence of an in-person conference while remaining safely remote.
Who: Featuring some of the brightest minds in biotech, the State of Possible Conference will spark conversations on the realities of precision medicine, how we can support the expansion of the life sciences cluster beyond Cambridge and Boston, and more. A few highlights:
- Keynote Address from Susan Hockfield, President Emerita, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Possible Talk with Steve Burton, Sports Anchor and Reporter for WBZ-TV, who will discuss impact of the Ron Burton Training Village, a yearlong training program that enriches the lives of inner-city youth by focusing on education, leadership, physical wellness, and spiritual growth
- Shifting the Drug Industry’s Public Narrative panel discussion with David P. Meeker MD, President & CEO, KSQ, Nancy Simonian, CEO, Syros, Pam Randhawa, CEO & Founder, Empiriko
- Panel Discussion on advancing new drug targets faster with John Tallarico, Head, Chemical Biology and Therapeutics department at Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research and Katie Ellias, Managing Director, JDRF, T1D Fund
- Anna Protopapas, President & CEO, Mersana Therapeutics, Barbara Fox, CEO, Rheos, and Paula Soteropoulos, Biotech Executive; Board of Directors, uniQure, will share their stories on bringing science from the lab bench to patient bedside.
- Awards presentations to honor Dr. Abbie Celniker, MassBio Immediate Past Chair & Partner at Third Rock Ventures, who will receive the Henri A. Termeer Innovative Leadership Award; and Dr. Kenneth C. Anderson, Program Director of the Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center and LeBow Institute for Myeloma Therapeutics at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Kraft Family Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, will receive the second annual State of Possible Award.
View the full agenda here.
Interested media can register for free by contacting Jennifer Nason.
Morgan Stanley is the Platinum Sponsor of the event. Other sponsors include: Alexion, Astellas, Bayer, Biogen, Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), Corealis Pharma, Cambridge Crossing, Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare, McDermott Will & Emery, Mispro Biotech Services, Nikon, PTC Therapeutics, Rapid Novor, Sanofi Genzyme, Sarepta Therapeutics, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Third Rock Ventures, Vertex