What: The State of Possible Conference celebrates how the life sciences make the impossible possible. As MassBio’s annual meeting, the State of Possible Conference taps today’s brightest minds for engaging conversations on the latest developments in our industry, key insights from the past year, and building a better future for patients around the world. More than 800 attendees will hear from the brightest minds in the industry through keynotes, panel discussions, and 15-minute Possible Talks®, inspiring and engaging content in the style of a TED Talk, covering topics that include the new normal for clinical trials, the future of biopharma funding, and advancing equity in biopharma.
When: May 19, 2021 at 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: The 2021 State of Possible Conference will be held virtually via Engagez.
Who: MassBio’s President and COO, Kendalle Burlin O’Connell, and Chair of the Board of Directors, Chuck Wilson, will kick off the event. They will be joined by the industry’s brightest minds and most influential leaders, including:
- Keynote addresses from Tal Zaks, M.D., Ph.D., CMO, Moderna, and Dr. Charlotte Jones-Burton, President & Founder, Women of Color in Pharma (WOCIP), and VP of Global Clinical Development, Otsuka
- Possible Talks from Seb Lefebvre, Senior Director, Data Science, Genomics and Bioinformatics, Alexion, on how the life sciences can shorten the diagnostic journey for children with rare disease; and from Loriana Hernandez-Aldama, Chief Warrior, ArmorUp for Life, who will share her journey as an acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patient and discuss the patient experience
- Kate Owen, SVP, Head of Global Development Operations, Bristol Myers Squibb, Lauren Powell, MPA, Ph.D., VP, Health Equity & Community Wellness, Takeda, Matthew B. Klein, MD, MS, FACS, Chief Development Officer, PTC Therapeutics, and Michael Curry, President and CEO, Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers, will consider what the future of clinical trials will look like
- A panel discussion on the future of biopharma funding featuring Chris Ehrlich, CEO, Locust Walk, Kristin Pothier, Global and National Healthcare and Life Sciences Strategy Leader, KPMG, Steve Gullans, Ph.D., Principal, Gullans Advisory, LLC, Vikas Goyal, SVP Business Development, Pandion Therapeutics
- An award presentation to honor Stéphane Bancel, CEO, Moderna, as the 2021 recipient of the Henri A. Termeer Innovative Leadership Award
View session details, here.
Interested media can register for free by contacting Caroline Pepek.
Sponsors of the 2021 State of Possible Conference include: Astellas, Bayer, BeiGene, Biogen, Corealis Pharma, Ipsen, KPMG, Marsh & McLennan Agency, Mispro, Morgan Stanley, PTC Therapeutics, Rothwell Figg, Sanofi Genzyme, Sunovion, Takeda, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and Vertex