MassBio® Announces the MassBioHub, a New Conference and Business Center for Members
MassBioHub is a unique and flexible space to accommodate groups of 2-200 for members’ business needs, from informal staff huddles to full-scale conferences and corporate events
October 16, 2019 (CAMBRIDGE, MA) – The Massachusetts Biotechnology Council (MassBio®) today announced that it will open a new conference and business center in Kendall Square, the MassBioHub, exclusively for its members. The state-of-the-art facilities will be available for rent at below-market rates and boast a unique and flexible space that can accommodate groups of 2-200 for all MassBio members’ business needs, from informal staff huddles to full-scale conferences and corporate events.
“The life sciences industry in Massachusetts is advancing at an incredible speed, and MassBio is evolving in lockstep to meet our members’ changing needs. We know that event and meeting space to conduct business in Kendall Square and across Greater Boston is at an all-time premium – rates are extremely high and availability is limited – so we wanted to address this critical need for our members,” said Kendalle Burlin O’Connell, Chief Operating Officer, MassBio.
MassBioHub services & offerings include:
- On-site concierge;
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment with dedicated support;
- Seasonally inspired and all-inclusive catering service and hospitality;
- 200-person conference space to accommodate larger events and ability to partition for smaller events;
- Full-venue buyout, including all available rooms and common space for up to 300 people;
- Access to private meeting spaces, suites, and huddle areas for event prep, board meetings, full-day corporate events, and other professional meetings;
- Creative branding and visibility opportunities for members to market events beforehand;
- Ample digital display branding opportunities on-site for day of event;
- Additional event package enhancements, logistical support, and more.
To ensure a professional and seamless experience for members, MassBio hired a new Director of Conference Center Operations, Athene Sirivallop, to run the Hub’s operations and logistics. Prior to joining MassBio, Athene was the Eastern Regional Facilities Site Manager for Bloomberg LP, providing operational oversight for 10 bureaus across the east coast and southern United States. She comes to MassBio with more than 10 years of experience across various industries including real estate, multi-family, oil and gas, and financial sector.
For media inquiries, contact Jennifer Nason.