Two-day affair draws over 400 attendees to discuss digital therapeutics, complexities in gene therapy, blockchain, biopharma investor funds and more
What: MassBio's largest event, drawing over 400 industry leaders, the Annual Meeting is a two-day affair that focuses on the most timely and critical challenges facing the Massachusetts biopharma industry. From breakthroughs in scientific endeavors to startups and new business ventures, the Annual Meeting will cover the most innovative advancements in the industry, presented in new and interactive formats. It will recognize and award industry leaders, provide ample networking opportunities, and showcase Massachusetts as the leader in the biopharma industry worldwide.
When: March 21, 2018 at 8am – March 22, 2018 at 2pm
Where: Royal Sonesta, 40 Edwin Land Boulevard, Cambridge MA
Who: This year’s Annual Meeting will host some of the biggest names in biotech, and will address issues and innovations around digital therapeutics, complexities in gene therapy, blockchain, biopharma investor funds and more. Highlights include:
- Fireside chat with Robert Langer and Terry McGuire: Life Lessons in the Life Sciences.
- Keynote address by Penny Heaton, CEO, The Bill & Melinda Gates Biomedical Research Institute.
- Celebration of Jimmy Fund/Dana Farber Cancer Institute’s 70th Anniversary of Helping Patients, with Larry Lucchino, Boston Red Sox President/CEO Emeritus and Chairman of the Board at Jimmy Fund and Mayor Martin J. Walsh, City of Boston.
- A Candid Conversation with Steve Ubl of PhRMA and Bob Coughlin of MassBio.
- Awards reception to honor Dr. Jeff Leiden, Chairman, President and CEO of Vertex Pharmaceuticals, who will receive the Henri A. Termeer Innovative Leadership Award.
- Rock Stars of Life Sciences panel discussion with George Church, PhD, Professor of Genetics at Harvard Medical School and Professor of Health Sciences and Technology at Harvard and MIT, and Harvey Lodish, PhD, Professor of Biology and Biological Engineering, MIT and Founding Member, Whitehead Institute.
View the full agenda here.
Interested media can register for free by contacting Jennifer Nason at Jennifer.Nason@massbio.org.
Sponsors include: Veretx, WIRB-Copernicus Group, Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Bayer, BIO, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Corealis, Publicis Health Solutions, Amgen, Alexion, Beigene, Biogen, IQVIA, Ropes & Gray, Shire, uniQure, Avista Pharma, BioInsight Group, Boston Analytical, ICR, KCR, McDermott Will & Emery, Nikon, Physicians World, Porzio, Toxikon.