What: MassBio’s annual Policy Leadership Breakfast brings together policy makers, biotechnology, life sciences, healthcare and business leaders and other key stakeholders to discuss the most pressing policy initiatives impacting the industry. The event includes two panel discussions, one on initiatives beyond pricing and transparency that are underway in MA that are focused on patient access to breakthrough therapies, and the second on the Life Sciences Initiative and what is needed in the next initiative to ensure the continued success of the industry in MA. MassBio will also honor Senator Michael Rodrigues (D – Westport) with the 2017 Legislator of the Year Award.
When: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 from 8am – 10am ET
Where: Omni Parker House, 60 School St. Boston, MA 02108
Who: Moderators Martha Bebinger, healthcare reporter with WBUR, and Robert K. Coughlin, President & CEO of MassBio, will be joined by panelists:
- Michael F. Collins, MD, Chancellor, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Sandra L. Fenwick, President & CEO, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Laurie Bartlett Keating, SVP, General Counsel & Secretary, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
- Travis McCready, President & CEO, Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
- Danna Mauch, Ph.D., President & CEO, Massachusetts Association for Mental Health
- Richard Pezzillo, Executive Director, New England Hemophilia Association
- Terry Wilcox, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Patients Rising NOW
Interested media can register for free by contacting Jennifer Nason at Jennifer.Nason@massbio.org.