MassBio’s Annual Patient Advocacy Summit to Debate Value Equation & Challenges to Patient Access
Event convenes industry leaders, patients, and patient advocates
What: MassBio’s annual Patient Advocacy Summit brings together industry leaders, patient advocates, and other stakeholders to examine ways in which life sciences companies can more fully incorporate the patient voice into the work they do. This year we'll explore competing views on what value therapies bring to various stakeholders, what a cure is worth to patients and society, how to improve the clinical trial experience for patients, and more. We will also have a frank discussion about patient access in the era of transformative therapies, and you’ll hear directly from patients on what this means to them. The program includes panel discussions, case studies, keynotes, as well as a networking lunch and cocktail reception.
When: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 from 8:00am – 4:30pm ET
Where: Marriott Boston Cambridge, 50 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142
Who: Dr. Freda C. Lewis-Hall, Chief Patient Officer and Executive Vice President at Pfizer, will deliver an inspiring keynote, where she’ll explore the patient journey and how we as an industry can improve the patient experience. Dr. Lewis-Hall founded the Lilly Center for Women's Health in the 90s, was named the Healthcare Businesswomen's Association "Woman of the Year,” along with one of 2019's “Most Powerful Women in Business” by Black Enterprise, among other accomplishments. Other speakers include:
- Tracy Antonelli, Beta Thalassemia Patient and Parent
- Mark Dant, Chairman of the Board, EveryLife Foundation (Patient Keynote)
- Basil Darras, Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School & Associate Neurologist in Chief, Children's Hospital Boston
- Khrystal Davis, Founder & President of Texas Rare Alliance & Advisory Committee Member, Texas Newborn Screening
- Barbara Henry, Manager of Clinical Pharmacy Services, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Michelle Hoarty, Sr. Manager Clinical Science & Biomarker Development, Ra Pharma
- Kollet Koulianos, Senior Director Payer Relations, National Hemophilia Foundation
- Tara Lavelle, Assistant Professor, Tufts Medical Center Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies
- Sarah Pitluck, Head of Global Pricing & Reimbursement, Spark Therapeutics
- Kim Stephens, President, Project Alive
- Glenda Thomas, patient and Professional Daily Money Manager, nCeptive – DMM
- Rehan Verjee, President, EMD Serono & Global Head of the Innovative Medicine Franchises, Merck KGaA
- Matt Winton, VP, Head of Rare Disease Division, Biogen
Interested media can register for free by contacting Jennifer Nason.
Sponsors include Biogen, EMD Serono, Ipsen, Takeda, Vertex, Bristol Myers Squibb, Pfizer, Sanofi, Phrma, Alexion, Bluebird Bio, Blueprint Medicines, Morphosys, Sobi, and Wave Life Sciences.