What: MassBio’s annual Policy Leadership Breakfast is the premier event for local, state, and federal policymakers and staff and government affairs professionals. This year’s event, taking place only weeks into the new legislative session, will feature a panel discussion on how to ensure effective, efficient, and equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, especially to those communities disproportionately impacted by the pandemic, and how properly educate the public on the safety, efficacy, and necessity of vaccines. The agenda will also include a fireside chat between MassBio CEO Robert K. Coughlin and Congresswoman Katherine Clark, Assistant Speaker of the House of Representatives.
MassBio will also honor Senator Joe Boncore (Democrat – First Suffolk and Middlesex), Senate Chair, Joint Committee on Transportation, and Senate Chair, Legislative Biotech Caucus with the 2020 MassBio Legislator of the Year Award.
When: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Where: This event will be held virtually. The link to access the event platform will be sent to attendees the week of the event.
Who: Governor Charlie Baker will deliver the welcome address, followed by the new President & CEO of the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center, Kenn Turner. The event’s esteemed speakers include:
- Phyllis Arthur, Vice President, Infectious Diseases & Diagnostics Policy, the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
- Kevin Cranston, MDiv, Assistant Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH), Director, MDPH Bureau of Infectious Disease and Laboratory Sciences
- Margaret Ruesch, PhD, Vice President, Worldwide Research and Development, Pfizer
- Assaad Sayah, MD, CEO, Cambridge Health Alliance
- Congresswoman Katherine Clark, Assistant Speaker, US House of Representatives
Interested media can register for free by contacting Cayley Moynihan.
Amgen is the lead sponsor of the event. Supporting sponsors include: Alexion, Biogen, bluebird bio, Bristol Myers Squibb, EMD Serono, Johnson & Johnson, MassMEDIC, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Sage, Sanofi Genzyme, Sunovion, Takeda, and Vertex.