MassBio’s 2023 State of Possible Conference (Tuesday, April 25 | Royal Sonesta) celebrates the Massachusetts’ life sciences ecosystem, giving attendees the opportunity to learn from experts, hear from speakers, participate in talks, and expand their professional networks. “Being Bold. Looking Beyond” is this year’s theme spotlighting the state’s global role in advancing science, equity, and patient driven breakthroughs during a time of economic uncertainty.
Be in the room: Anyone who is a part of the biotech and biopharma sectors in the region will find this year’s agenda to be as diverse and dynamic as MassBio’s membership. Featuring a day of keynotes, panel discussions, a fireside chat, and networking, this year’s State of Possible promises to be the best one yet and an event not to be missed … so register now.
- The packed day will wrap up with one of MassBio’s legendary networking receptions.
Keynotes to inspire: MassBio CEO and President Kendalle Burlin O’Connell and MassBio Board Chair Pam Randhawa will report on the State of the Industry to kick off the morning, followed by a speaker from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to give the state’s perspective. A dynamic lunch keynote will be announced soon!
- Health equity will be front and center as Kendalle hosts a fireside chat with MLSC President and CEO Kenn Turner and Tamar Thompson (Head, Corporate Affairs, Alexion/AstraZeneca Rare Disease).
Panels to inform: Talks in the main hall will ask executives why Massachusetts remains the place to locate your business, and provide insights into the future of cancer care, early diagnosis, and access.
- The science track breakouts will discuss developments in Cell & Gene Therapy and the latest on environmental, social and governance (ESG) in biotech.
- The business track breakouts will grapple with the local impacts of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) and the current state and future of life sciences real estate development.
The day after: The MassBio Align Summit (Wednesday, April 26 | Royal Sonesta) will bring together innovative seed/series A biotech, healthtech, and medtech start-ups with potential investors and strategic partners.
- Partnering through the powerful Jujama app which enables you to create a personal profile, start conversations with other attendees, and conveniently schedule 1:1 meetings.
- Panelists include Christine Brennan (Vertex Ventures HC), Geoff Meyerson (Locust Walk), Amir Zamani (Bain Capital), Ankit Mahadevia (Spero Therapeutics), and Amanda Wagner (Immunitas).
- McKinsey & Company speakers, including Senior Partner Olivier Leclerc, will bring key insights.
- Pitches from nearly two dozen featured biotech, medtech, and healthtech companies leaning into innovation will be made.
What they’re saying: “The last two years saw the industry hit the stratosphere and also fall back to Earth, and MassBio’s State of Possible Conference and Align Summit will demonstrate the global leadership role that Massachusetts will play in the years ahead,” said Kendalle Burlin O’Connell, MassBio CEO and President. “We need to be bold, and we must look beyond present conditions. I can’t wait to bring together the local industry for two one-of-a-kind events.”