As we say often, our members are constantly evolving, and MassBio is evolving right along with them. While we all get accustomed to working from home, practicing social distancing, and holding our events and meetings virtually, MassBio has been working on several new initiatives to engage our members in their new virtual settings.
MassBio Town Hall
MassBio’s President & CEO, Bob Coughlin, will host a weekly virtual Town Hall for members, taking place every Tuesday at 11am, starting next week. This will be an opportunity for our members to ask questions, hear what MassBio is up to, and learn how you can take advantage of virtual member benefits. Register for the first Town Hall here.
Virtual Forums & Other Events
We will be rolling out more virtual events on a range of topics, from our professional development forums, to the latest around COVID-19. Our first virtual event will take place today at 11am, where experts will provide a deep-dive into what some of our local companies and institutions are doing to address COVID-19 from response, testing, potential vaccines and treatments, and future planning.
MassBio Virtual Community on LinkedIn
Recognizing that a big part of what MassBio offers is a central place to convene and collaborate, we’ve launched a MassBio Virtual Community on LinkedIn for our members to connect with peers and stay-up-to date on MassBio’s COVID-19 efforts, general news, and member resources. Our membership team will begin weekly discussions on everything from tips for working at home to the best new recipes to try. We encourage members to begin their own discussions – scientific or business related – and to use this platform as a way to network virtually and feel a part of a larger community. MassBio members and life sciences companies in Massachusetts can request to join here.
MassBio Edge Virtual Savings & Rewards
We’ve added to our savings and rewards program, MassBio Edge, to include more virtual offerings for members, and to help companies navigate the virtual workplace. Here are some of the new offerings under Employee Rewards that individual members can begin taking advantage of today, along with free benefits open to anyone:
- BURNIN’ by Ray – Free online 24-minute at-home online workouts.
- DailyBurn – Free 60-day trial
- Delivery.com – Online ordering for food/alcohol, groceries, and laundry, 15% off orders (up to $15 dollars off)
- Eastern Standard Provisions Company –20% off artisanal soft pretzels
- Orangetheory – Free 30-minute workouts
- Scout & Cellar – 20% off on select wines through April 1st. 5% volume discount for 6-11 bottles, 10% volume discount for 12+ bottles.
- Stanford University – Free enrollment for “Introduction to Mathematical Thinking” course
- University of Michigan – Free enrollment for “Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills” course
- Yale University – Free enrollment for “The Science of Well-Being” course
- YMCA 360 – Free health and fitness videos
- Yoga With Adriene – Free online yoga for beginners
- Zipcar – Avoid public transportation with preferred MassBio pricing
- ZOO New England – Hosting a mix of videos and activities on Facebook Live daily at 1:30pm
For those members that take advantage of our Preferred Partners under MassBio Edge, there are new benefits they are offering to member companies:
- AFR Furniture Rental – Temporary furniture solutions
- Corporate Traveler – Opening all lines and resources to helping people get home to their families. Email email@example.com.
- Eze Castle Integration – Support building a virtual work environment (Microsoft Teams implementation)
- Middlesex Gases – Reliable source for critical lab gases. Remote monitoring of product levels available.
- Springer Nature – Free access to COVID-19 related publications
- Veolia – Decontamination services for facilities
- W.B. Mason – Residential delivery available
MassBio Weekly Virtual Workout
MassBio’s own Laura Rudberg, Manager of Events, will host a weekly virtual workout for members. Stay tuned for details!
Make sure you have an account on MassBio.org to take advantage of these benefits and look out for more communications around these efforts as we continuously add in new programs and perks!