1) Gene-testing company releases massive amount of cancer patient data — for free – STAT, 3/8/2016
Genetic information from 10,000 individuals with breast or ovarian cancer is now available online for free, courtesy of Ambry Genetics, a leading DNA testing company.
2) Bill advances that would cap new opioid prescriptions in Massachusetts – BBJ, 3/10/2016
The House unanimously passed a compromise opioid abuse prevention bill on Wednesday afternoon that was negotiated over the past seven weeks with the Senate.
3) Letter from Washington: Drug makers peer out from the bunker – STAT, 3/10/2016
Drug industry executives don’t get it: They’re not supposed to be the bad guys.
4) The state's fastest-growing biotech just leased two former Cubist buildings, expanding by another 20% – BBJ, 3/11/2016
The fastest-growing drugmaker in the state, Shire Pharmaceuticals, is gobbling up more space at its U.S. headquarters in Lexington, leasing two of three buildings formerly owned by Cubist Pharmaceuticals.
5) New digital health accelerator to open in the Fenway – Boston Globe, 3/9/2016
Startup accelerator MassChallenge will soon open a new hub for emerging digital health firms in the Landmark Center, a former Sears distribution complex on the edge of the Fenway neighborhood.