Massachusetts is home to a biotechnology supercluster that is second to none.
Companies here enjoy a number of advantages including:
- A thriving life sciences community.
- The most highly educated workforce in the United States.
- Universities and hospitals that are global leaders in life sciences research.
- A high quality of life.
- Access to an impressive array of economic development programs that support large and small biotechnology companies.
- Tax benefits for workforce training, infrastructure, equipment and construction financing.
- A $1 billion Life Sciences Initiative, which includes making financial investments in public and private institutions and life sciences research, development and commercialization.
Massachusetts has pre-permitted land sites and available office and laboratory space. Visit our Real Estate Page to see current listings. If you are looking for shared laboratory and/or office space, take a look at Massachusetts Incubators.
MassBio provides expert advice and guidance to help companies find suitable locations and resources as they move to and grow in the Commonwealth. We make Massachusetts a better place for your business.
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Steele.
Dive into the facts and figures and discover why Massachusetts is the perfect home for biotechnology companies.
From workforce support to tax advantages, see why more biotech companies are relocating to Massachusetts.
CROs & CMOs
Massachusetts is home to a robust community of contract research and contract manufacturing organizations.
There are currently 79 BioReady® Communities across the Commonwealth. BioReady® Communities have zoning and policies in place to host biotechnology research and manufacturing facilities.