1) Gene Therapy Is Curing Hemophilia – MIT Technology Review, 6/11/2016
Spark Therapeutics is turning gene-therapy experiments into real drugs.
2) Women Demand More Clout in Biotech. First Step? Take Charge of the Money – STAT, 6/10/2016
There was a lot of talk this week at the global biotech convention here about rooting out sexism and bringing more women into the industry.
3) More Clinical Trials are Succeeding for the First Time in Years – STAT, 6/13/2016
After years of declines, the pharmaceutical industry is experiencing a greater rate of success with its clinical trials in recent years, according to a new analysis.
4) The Mystery of ALS Patients Who See Improvement – The Wall Street Journal, 6/13/2016
Dr. Bedlack, head of Duke University's ALS clinic, is focusing on a different kind of ALS patient: someone who seems to be getting better.
5) State Announces Grants to Lure Smaller Biotechs – The Boston Globe, 6/7/2016
The Baker administration rolled out a new grant program designed to attract more biotech and medical technology companies to the Bay State.